Upcoming TRAX SNS decentralisation sale

TRAX is preparing to launch its SNS DAO and expects to begin the decentralization sale soon.

This forum serves as an opportunity for the IC community to discuss the TRAX SNS and ask questions.

TRAX’s mission is to support the music industry with better tools to connect artists with their fans.

TRAX is a social marketplace for music, powered by the Internet Computer. TRAX enables music artists to retain full ownership of their content and monetisation and forge new relationships with their fans, whilst leveraging cutting-edge web3 tooling.

At TRAX, we believe in the power of music to onboard the next 1 million+ to the Internet Computer. Join us on our journey to revolutionise the music industry!

Please refer to the proposal summary and TRAX DAO whitepaper for more details.

Tokenomics and SNS configuration can be found here.

It is recommended to review these documents before asking questions, as they may already contain answers. We will endeavour to answer questions on the forum or please reach out to the team on X.

UPDATE [28/11/2023]

We are pleased to announce the open-sourcing of the TRAX codebase, in preparation for handing governance of the dApp to the SNS.

The code for the following can be found below:

Additionally, the Canister version of the application will be open-sourced later this week. For an overview of how these elements integrate, please refer to the high-level architecture in section 5.1.2 of our Whitepaper

UPDATE [27/11/2023]

The NNS Proposal to create an SNS named ‘TRAX’ is now LIVE.

20 Likes

I’m looking forward to seeing how TRAX’s journey unfolds and the impact it will have on both the music world and the broader blockchain ecosystem. It’s initiatives like these that drive innovation and create new opportunities for artists and fans alike. Best of luck to the TRAX team!

2 Likes

I am excited to see what comes of this. You have my full support as always!

3 Likes

Hey @tatruso,

In case you missed this, I just wanted to make you aware, that the activation of matched funding is currently up for vote: NNS Updates: Nov 10, 2023 (Matched Funding for SNS Swaps, Stable Memory Migration for NNS Neurons)

This changes the mechanics of how the Neuron Fund will participate if a project requests participation from the Neuron Fund. You can read more about it here: Suggested enhancements to the Community fund - #7 by bjoernek.

4 Likes

Thanks @domwoe - we’ve seen the changes and happy with them. Apart from changes to the config file, is there anything else we should be aware of?

3 Likes

Who are the seed funders, the NFT holders only or there are other seed funders?

2 Likes

We received seed funding from an angel investor in the ecosystem. I won’t name him but the entire ecosystem is fortunate to have him.

2 Likes

Music is one of the greatest things we have in this world TRAX MAY YOU HAVE A GREAT SNS SALE Dr Deeds It will be a great project for the ICP MEMBERS

2 Likes

I am really excited about this.
Btw, wen Mobile App?

Great question!

We think a mobile app will boost adoption of TRAX and make it easier for fans to stay up-to-date with their favourite creators on the platform.
Ideally, we want to get a v1 mobile app out in Q1 next year, this is one of the reasons we are raising. Apple’s App Store has some rules that interfere quite heavily with our business model but we have a few ideas on how to get round these regulations. Focus over the last few months has been on decentralising the majority of our app to run on the IC. Will be sharing updates on this later in the week.

5 Likes

Wonderful!
Looking forward to those updates!

2 Likes

There will also be a new version of the Tokenomics Google Sheet reflecting the changes made to the Neuron Funds investment. @bjoernek will keep you posted on this.
Did you already prepare your sns_init.yaml file?

2 Likes

Thanks, is this the same as what we are discussing in this thread? Difference in SNS config files (yml/yaml) - #3 by tatruso

Hey @tatruso,

We’ve released a new version of the SNS Tokenomics Analyzer which supports matched funding and the latest version of the SNS init config file. The Tokenomics Google Sheet won’t be updated to support matched funding and can be considered deprecated.

6 Likes

UPDATE [23/11/2023]

We are pleased to announce the open-sourcing of the TRAX codebase, in preparation for handing governance of the dApp to the SNS.

The code for the following can be found below:

Smart contracts:

Additionally, the Canister version of the application will be open-sourced later this week. For an overview of how these elements integrate, please refer to the high-level architecture in section 5.1.2 of our Whitepaper

7 Likes

i still do not understand, what prevents one to copy the sound file to a mp3 and load it up somewhere else?

Decades of intellectual property law.

2 Likes

so what is the difference then between trax and youtube, except the way of data storage?

YouTube operates on an advertising model, where content providers receive a small cut of revenue generated from advertising.

TRAX operates a marketplace model, where fans pay artists directly for content (similar to OnlyFans or Patreon), returning more compensation to the value creator (the artist).

6 Likes

Thanks for joining the forum 4 hours ago and using your first post to undermine a years worth of work by a hardworking team and growing community of artists though…

1 Like