- Can you explain what is unique about your tech stack or your solution? I see you index other blockchain apps but why is this better than me using google?
Sure, I can explain without repeating what is already outlined in our whitepaper.
Web2 search engines dominate the data landscape often lacking transparency.
Querio on the other hand is a decentralized search engine that operates on-chain and will soon be open-source. You can validate how its ranking algorithm functions, ensuring results aren’t influenced by a company’s policies.
Plus, transparency and user-privacy are of utmost importance to us. Unlike big corporations that capture user data for targeted ads, we don’t store any user data or search preferences. Is more about giving control to the people than following the agenda of a few stakeholders.
Another difference is that Querio is focused on Web3. On Querio you can discover new dApps and also choose to search dApps on a specific blockchain ecosystem. You cannot do that with any other search engine.
- What makes this project worth funding?
With the features we’re going to implement, we have a robust plan that lays the foundation for a business ready to become a decentralized alternative to established tech search giants. These are:
- Querio Drive to easily store data, leveraging the Internet Computer’s infrastructure. This will be a paid service, providing a secure and efficient method for storing and sharing data through Internet Identity.
- Promoting dApps to promote dApps that closely match the queried keywords. Marked as “Featured,” these promoted dApps gain will appear prominently among the top search results, for a fee.
- Featured dApps auction to secure a spot in the featured dApps section on the home page. Users can bid for prominent placement in the featured dApps area, thereby gaining enhanced visibility for their chosen dApps through this paid feature.
- Web3 AI and Code AI to answer dApps and Web3 code-related questions. These AI-powered services will be accessible through a paid subscription model.
- Querio Shopping to buy and sell NFTs. This enables seamless and secure transactions, facilitating the vibrant marketplace for digital collectibles and unique assets. Our revenue model will be based on transaction fees.
And please note that we know what we’re doing, have the experience to back it up, understand the pressure, and recognize that our investors and community have high expectations, which we are committed to meeting to the best of our ability.
- Who are the founders and what about them makes them suited to lead a project like this?
Me and George are the founders, both have 16+ years of software development experience in Romania and the Netherlands, in small and big companies.
We began our blockchain journey in 2017 while working at ConsenSys and subsequently established CrossChain Labs. Along the way, together with Catalin and Cristina, started collaborating with prominent partners such as NEAR Protocols, Stellar, Dfinity, Fantom Foundation, Polkadot and Filecoin.
Here you can find more details about ourselves, and by clicking on 'Profile’, you can view our LinkedIn profiles.
- I see you also have a presale going on and have raised 38K ICP so far. Why is that not enough to validate your idea?
We want to dedicate ourselves to developing Querio as a long-term project with substantial scope, rather than a short-term project dependent on continuous fundraising. Securing sufficient funds now would allow us to focus fully on enhancing Querio’s capabilities.
We started this project with personal investments fueled by our passion and vision. However, substantial, sustained development to achieve our long-term goals for Querio need a more significant financial foundation.