Threshold Schnorr - Facilitating BRC-20 trading, Solana integration, certificate signing, and more

My interpretation of this is that…

• 2fq7c is the signing test key subnet
  • fuqsr is the backup test key subnet
  • 2fq7c generated a new key under 131391, and had it enabled for signing under 131392
  • Sharing the new key with the backup subnet came next using a catchup package (131433, 131437, 131438), which exercises the mechanism I expect would be employed if the backup was ever needed (disaster recovery)
  • The last two proposals (131449, 131450) switch the subnet roles so that the backup subnet (fuqsr) becomes the signing subnet. I expect this is to test the fidelity of the backup

This is my interpretation though, which could be wrong. I think these proposals could really do with elaborating the situation a little more in the summary (to explain the why and not just the what). @andrea, is there any chance of this? Would it also be possible to provide a notice of these sorts of proposals on a dedicated topic for each subnet in the future e.g. Subnet Management - 2fq7c (Application) - Developers - Internet Computer Developer Forum (dfinity.org) (similarly to how IC-OS proposals are announced)?

2 Likes