Project Type: Cooperative/Contest - Multiple workers can submit work and the bounty is shared
Time Commitment: Days
Experience Level: Beginner - Intermediate
Size: USD 5’000 in ICP (at time of distribution)
Inscriptions are arbitrary data associated with a specific Satoshi. Inscriptions can be used to create Bitcoin NFTs and overlay protocols such as BRC-20. In this bounty, you’ll implement a canister to inscribe arbitrary data using threshold ECDSA.
Regular inscriptions use Pay-to-Taproot (P2TR), which requires Schnorr signatures. The Internet Computer, however, does only support threshold ECDSA for now, and you need to fall back to using Pay-to-Witness-Script-Hash (P2WSH). There was a small prior bounty to create a Proof-of-Concept for inscribing using P2WSH. Currently, these inscriptions won’t be indexed by Ordinals.com and hiro, but there is an open pull request to ord.
- Should have an API to inscribe arbitrary data up to the max size.
- Should be able to hold ordinals in custody to inscribe
- Should be able to take fees from Bitcoin transactions
- Should provide a launchpad frontend
- Service Canister and frontend deployed to the Internet Computer
- Proper Readme, see here
- Open Source license (MIT or Apache-2.0)
- Code quality
Post your submission in this thread.
Please be aware that Terms and Conditions of the DFINITY Developer Grants Program apply.