The Sort of Named Neuron Redesign Proposal

Can we make a link between the registered known neuron and the neuron which make proposals?

Can we make a link between the registered know neuron and the neurons which hold their treasury?

If not, I agree with you. only voting rate can be measured easily by now.

Just because something is easy to measure doesn’t mean it’s the right thing to measure.

From your perspective, which factor do you think it’s important to measure a named neuron? I would love to hear❤️

By what metric would you rank political parties? For me the question is the same. What are the ideals and competencies of the party? Competencies you can measure by metrics; if an entity acted or voted in some way, did the action or proposal have the desired effect? We can add more metrics around that “did it work” question. But for ideals I have no better suggestion than ranking parties randomly. Every time you hit refresh, the order is different.

Rather than rushing to a ranking, why don’t we expand the information available to users about the entities? Make it really easy to see statistics such as yes/no voting patterns. Let named neurons provide a space where they can lay out their policy statements. Get data on whether the neuron voted in accordance with the policy statements and whether the proposals they voted on worked as expected; that opens up a whole new class of due diligence for people who take the time to check up on the effect of proposals.

If we MUST have a ranking now I’d be unhappy; I’d go for RANDOM weighted a bit by number of followers. If we use number of votes cast that doesn’t really satisfy any metric other than that of maximising returns in the short term but it’s no indication of wisdom, due diligence or an indication of what the neuron’s ideals are. Maybe the neuron wants to close source and rug pull, exactly what I hope we are NOT encouraging. Does using a statistic like voting frequency really cultivate deep thought about where we want to head? Named neurons are senators, or members of parliament. The first question for which politician you vote for isn’t usually how actively they vote.

1 Like

Thanks for your opinion👍

For competencies, from my view, i think 1.initiated proposal passed 2.voting rate 3.voting power, all the three factors represent the competencies of the named neuron.

For ideals, I think the vision and mission statement of the named neuron should be the most important factors. As we can see, some named neuron proposals include this part of statement.

Yes, I agree with you, I would like to see more statistics in NNS

Yes, ranking randomly could be a temporary solution. but i think the ranking is the key feature to accomplish the NNS decentralization and governance encouragement.

Ranking means honor and responsibility, and the rankings should be dynamically adjusted according to the factors.

1 Like

Does voting power include voting power of the neuron’s followers? Can a small but competent neuron that gathers a good following ever outrank a whale? Following multiple parties and follow chains makes this a bit difficult to calculate but we could ignore that detail for now and just include the stake of all direct followers.

1 Like

I would like to calculate all the voting power(include itself and followers), For multi-follow case, i think it’s fine to include the stake of all direct followers.

1 Like