The beginning of a new journey :motoko:

Hello everyone! Nice to meet your community, I am a Full Stack Web Developer.

To be honest with you, it is a pure coincidence that I found the existence of the Internet Computer project.

I saw a post today from Stack Overflow on LinkedIn and then went to the DFINITY Foundation website for more information.

Before learning more about the projet, I knew that I needed to let my colleagues know about DFINITY and the Internet Computer project.

It was like a intuition, I knew that what I saw was something really important even without any knowledge or reading about it.

This is still kind of hard to me to understand how everything work in the Internet Computer.

For now, I read the FAQ during the past hours after my workday to familiarize myself with all of this new stuff.

This is the first time that I join a “tech forum” and without hesitation because I know that I will miss something big like a great opportunity in my career if I do not take my part in this new venture.

So, I hope being a help for the Internet Computer project.

Thank you for your time :slightly_smiling_face:.

Best regards,

@motoko

11 Likes

Welcome to the community and excited to see what you start building!

It’s great to have you :blush:

2 Likes

Thank you! :slight_smile:

So, if I understand correctly, the objective for now is to build applications to test the different features provided by the Internet Computer project and Motoko language?

Do you know if the project need feedback? If that so, there is a place to share them?

1 Like

That’s exactly right! You are able to build in a local environment using our SDK or, once you have Tungsten access, can build directly on the Internet Computer in the lead up to our public launch.

Also the team is quite active on the forum here, so any feedback you have we’d love for you to leave in thread and we’ll hear your feedback that way :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Very warm welcome to you, it’s great to have you here! :slight_smile:

1 Like

:wave: Hey Atom, looks like we discovered Dfinity in almost the exact same way! For me I saw the “Building on the Internet Computer” post in google news. I almost didn’t click on it!

3 Likes

Understood! Thank you for these information. :slight_smile:

Thank you! :slight_smile: Hope to find my way here!

Hi Steve! :wave: It is surprising how things go sometime!