Someone has been dumping 40 icp every second on binance these past couple of days

Go look for yourselves. Someone has been dumping millions of icp. Who is doing this and why? Certainly investors and developers haven’t given up on this project. But why is there a bot doing this constantly from the same account for days. Who has this much icp? How is this not a problem?

2 Likes

I mean if someone owns this much ICP don’t they have the right to sell it how they see fit? This is not illegal or unethical to sell your assets, right? I do not like it because it’s putting selling pressure on ICP but what can anyone do about this? I don’t see it as a problem.

3 Likes

If you noticed there was a few neurons with A LOT that just dissolved possibly them?

EDIT: Would you prefer they dump 15,000 at once?

1 Like

I agree with this. I don’t like it, but they have every right to do whatever they wish with their ICP. On the other hand, better to feel the pain now than later, I guess.

2 Likes

Above $5 is an attractive dumping price for them
Good tokenomics, good governance, fair market
No need to blame

1 Like

assuming they bought during the seed round for well under $1 USD… Yeah, I would be okay with that. Who knows what their situation is… I would prefer them to dump slowly like that at this price to create an attractive buying point for us (that buying) but not dumping all at once causing panic, or when the price is skyrocketed and they end up causing sell-off pressure again then and make everyone think it just doesn’t stop once it goes back up (if that makes sense) lol

Disclaimer: This is just my opinion though

1 Like

40 ICP per second is about 3.5 million per day. That seems a lot in raw numbers, but is only around 17.5 million USD worth at an average price of 5 USD per coin. It’s good that large holders are selling, helps decentralisation. The only problem is I think retail isn’t buying much, instead whales are accumulating ICP, thus countering the decentralisation. On the other hand, if those whales weren’t interested, the price would plummet which would be worse.

1 Like

I keep thinking “it’s switching hands” from genesis seed investors to the next round of large investors. You’re right though if we didn’t have the people buying what they are selling we would be in worse shape perhaps. I think it’s a good sign that whales are signaling a buy, but at the same time, we really need to work on demand demand demand. I want the average crypto investor to want the ICP token like they want Doge or shibu

2 Likes

I guess it’s aladin. Maybe.

I used to participate in high frequency trading where I’d make like 100+ trades a day.

Selling when the stock is down is a sign of reacting emotionally and you don’t want to be emotional as a trader! Always trust your product.

There is resistance somewhere, that’s all that is important to keep your money safe.

Currently ICP is a strong asset as it has 87% of people holding. If we are talking about decentralization that is a good thing.

The latest price drop shows that someone is of course massively selling ICP, but that’s their loss. Someone else who understands the value of ICP would buy those coins.
Don’t panic💯

3 Likes

Jesus this is insane. how can u people live with yourselves?

That is how you sell when you have a large amount.

1 Like