Relational database canister?

Has anyone built a relational database canister or know of an example of one? I’m building a blog website, and that would save me some time.

1 Like

Haven’t used it myself but there is a sqlite port you could try. You could also checkout this tutorial series if you want to get an idea of how to build a canister with basic CRUD operations in motoko.

1 Like

Not a canister, but it is a Webassembly SQL database done in Rust meant for the front-end(browser). I’m looking into a database canister myself, and that library is the best I have found of an example of what a canister database might look like.

3 Likes

@spencer: IC_SQLite should do the job. It is a bit annoying to use right now as the return type of a query call is a string containing a printout of the result. So you will have to parse the result yourself based on the columns you expect in your query result. I will modify it to be able to specify a buffer of type X. Let me know if you run into issues playing with it.

1 Like

Have you looked into using this with stable storage?

1 Like

Sudograph (disclosure my project) is an implementation of a relational database with GraphQL as the query language: GitHub - sudograph/sudograph: GraphQL database for the Internet Computer

1 Like