Neutrinite DAO Invitation

Going where none have gone before.

Invitations to join Neutrinite DAO were sent to all SNS DAOs with ICP treasury. Each invite is for 5000ICP except SNS1 - 5 ICP. The easiest way to monitor proposal progress is at http://icpcoins.com

Also announced on Twitter https://twitter.com/anvil_ic/status/1738857456585891882

Once a proposal gets accepted. Anyone can call a function in the swap canister to notify it the transfer was made.
https://jglts-daaaa-aaaai-qnpma-cai.ic0.app/595.039a444282b0001abfa5a37c9fbb126c8b6160ab3bf6bd863fc6a677

If someone can spot a technical inaccuracy in our proposals, please let us know.
They were made with this blast https://jglts-daaaa-aaaai-qnpma-cai.ic0.app/596.eb1d1387b7176537cc963b9845a07d7caa95bda4002b340a0d29b269

5 Likes

The first DAO participation was registered successfully and all the rest use the same proposals.

1 Like

Making treasury proposals the day before Xmas with no discussion with the DAO communities. No motion proposal. I think it’s a good display of the tech but the approach lacks tact.

3 Likes

Hello Nuance representative,

It’s great to see you back on this forum. It’s been quite a while, especially since you didn’t return after discussing your DAO proposal last time. I wanted to share that we’ve extended a purely business-oriented proposal to a multinational, multicultural DAO. Considering the global nature of our operations, we recognize that every day is a holiday in some part of the world. As Christians ourselves, we deeply respect these traditions. However, we also firmly believe that innovation doesn’t rest — when it happens, it happens, particularly in our mission to advance the Internet Computer.

Furthermore, the trading sector operates around the clock, and the opportunity to launch a DAO like this may not happen again at all. We understand that this might be inconvenient for some, including yourself. To address this, we suggest you propose to the NNS a holiday calendar that outlines specific dates when proposals and voting are paused, ensuring that everyone’s cultural and personal needs are respected.

4 Likes

Didn’t you have a recent interview where you admitted the sacrifice of holidays while being the majority voting power of a dao?

2 Likes

You make some good points. I still think that more involvement from the communities in their respective communities and/or motion proposals would have been a better approach. But I also respect that progress waits for nobody :muscle:

5 Likes

Hi, speaking just for myself, I’m a member of several SNS DAOs and prefer use of the treasury for development and related purposes in favor of the DAO where I invested, so disagree with such investment ‘opportunity’. I invested in a specific DAO because I like their vision and/or product, for sure I don’t fancy ‘startups buying startups’ approach.

Also, such treasury usage would basically make impression from the SNS DAO similar to impression from SPAC on stock markets, if there are same new 50 to 100 proposals there will be no treasuries of older SNS projects at all, those won’t be able to fund development of own product so it will naturally fade away and DAO members will become investors only in new, previously not known, projects.

As a summary, IMO such model of DAO funding is not sustainable in long term, probably nothing will happen in this particular case, but future SNS sales should not follow such pattern.

5 Likes

We appreciate your opinion. Our take is a bit different. DAOs are organisations not startups or projects. Organisations can change their executives and can participate in other organisations. In liquid democracy it’s up to the ones who funded the DAO to decide what happens with it and the outcome gets decided with proposals. We are fully aware of the terms and what we are getting into. The NNS is ultimately the ‘regulator’ and it acts in the best long-term interest of the whole ecosystem.

2 Likes

Absolutely right. Treasury funds should be used to develop the project those funds belong to, and I see it as very sneaky that these proposals were made without prior discussion and in an apparent attempt to get Neutrinite’s SNS over the line.

I was considering investing in the Neutrinite SNS. I won’t touch it now.

4 Likes

I have a good feeling regarding the site you built before. But really don’t understand why you are doing this. You should follow the rules rather than did this. I was thinking about invest in this your sns before, but now no.

4 Likes

@SS88 @daijianlin We believe that developing apps, discussing things in the forum, and making DAO proposals are the best forms of communication, and we have been communicating for a long time. It seems like we have done a great job communicating our operational style since you found you don’t align with it before making the mistake of joining.

I don’t recall any recent or in-depth discussions about your proposals to take significant sums from the treasuries of other projects. Others here have written the same. Therefore maybe we have different definitions of what a “great job” is.

The fact is that your project is struggling to raise the minimum (you are barely over 50% with 18.5 hours to go) and so you decided that it might be easy to get some funds from other projects which were successful with their own SNSs. What you should have done is ask yourselves why your project is looking so anaemic at this stage (granted, the deadline hasn’t yet passed so it might change). Coming here with some recognition of that and perhaps trying to convince those of us who weren’t yet sure just why your project is compelling (regardless of what you might have communicated previously) might have found more success and not dented your reputation in the minds of some.

3 Likes

Thank you for the response.

It is clear that we won’t agree on the topic, but still I’d like to express my gratitude to you for bringing it to forum :pray:

This kind of proposals is a new way how anyone can try to obtain funds, it surprised many, now all SNS DAOs members have a time and space to deliberate and prepare their response to future repetitions of such attempt :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Your interpretation strays significantly from the truth. If you’re feeling hurt, perhaps consider inviting us for a cup of coffee, where we can listen to your personal problems. We enjoy engaging in discussions with people on this forum, but we have never seen you?. However, if you are one of the forum members, we encourage you to post using your real username, so we can continue the discussion.

1 Like

It has reached the point of unscrupulous means, and in order to achieve the goal, it has targeted the vaults of various projects.

2 Likes

I would not know if my “interpretation strays significantly from the truth,” because you didn’t discuss your ideas before making the proposals, and that is why I and perhaps others now have doubts about your intentions or honesty.

I won’t respond to your silly comments about “feeling hurt” or having “personal problems.” As for you having “never seen” me: to the best of my knowledge, everyone who registers here is entitled to post concerns about a project, and longevity or frequency of posting in the forum do not invalidate concerns from anyone. If you feel that concerns about the matter are not worthy of addressing, that’s on you, not me, and if the best you can muster in response is personal digs then for me that is confirmation that my money is better allocated elsewhere.

Anyway, it looks like you dragged yourselves over the line with a few big commitments overnight. Now you can start burning those funds you’ve managed to leach from other startups.

2 Likes

These are called proposals and are part of how DAOs operate. Any DAO participant such as ourselves can make proposals if they pay their fee. For example, @nicko’s Nuance proposal costed 1k$ - burned now after the reject. DAOs don’t belong to their developers or any other single entity, part of why they are called DAOs. @SS88 There is no requirement to discuss proposals before making them, the discussion can start after you make them. We’ve tried many marketing campaigns during our launch and the idea for this one came when we had 3 days left, so there was no time to discuss it before the proposals. There are usually at least 5 days for others to respond and vote. Even around Xmas there are at least 2 workdays.

2 Likes

The concerns you voice are fair, but I’d say the possibility of this repeating itself to such a point that older SNS DAOs will have little left in their treasuries is a bit of a stretch. Do you not trust that each individual DAO will choose conservatively what that DAO thinks is worthy to invest in? Even with this occasion, some DAOs have chosen to reject and some have chosen to accept.

The desire to have a DAO’s treasury allocated purely for the innovation of that specific DAO is reasonable, but at the end of the day it is up to each individual organization whether they’d like to do this or span out into allocating the treasury elsewhere. I can understand you arguing for the prior to sway opinions.

Personally, I think this is a novel experiment worthy of following through. It creates an interconnectivity between different SNSs that could facilitate some form of collaboration. Even if this doesn’t occur, DAOs voting upon the decisions of other DAOs (or more likely just picking which neurons to follow), or even creating proposals themselves, may still result in some interesting proposal outcomes and would likely increase communication between organizations.

I’m all for weaving a web connecting SNSs together.

3 Likes

Sure, each voter can have different opinion, that is actually why I’m happy that we have this discussion here:

2 Likes

Team neuron to follow? Can you send me pls so i can copy? Tnks