If a Cycles Wallet creates a canister via the Cycles Wallet Web UI, how does it add additional controllers to those anonymous canisters?

I created some canisters from the Cycles Wallet Web UI

But I can not operate on those canisters with my developer identity via the command line. It appears that the Principal ID of the Cycles Wallet Web UI canister is the controller.

How can I add my developer principal ID as an additional controller?

Thanks!

Try to add them to the NNS Canister Tab with “Link existing canister” option. If that works, you should be able to add more controllers from the NNS UI.

Thank you!

But I can add controllers to the cycles wallet canister that way or through the command line.

But if I use the cycles wallet to create a new canister, the cycles wallet is the controller. And I can’t add additional controllers to those “sub” canisters.

Yeah, I think you might be the first one to run into this scenario. I don’t think anyone else actually tried creating application canisters from the cycles wallet UI

Yeah, I think you might be the first one to run into this scenario. I don’t think anyone else actually tried creating application canisters from the cycles wallet UI. AFAIK, the cycles wallet UI isn’t actively updated

Use —wallet and pass the cycle wallet id. Use the id that generated the cycle wallet.

Thank you! Confirmed it worked!

dfx canister --wallet CYCLES_WALLET_ID_THAT_IS_CONTROLLER --network ic call "CYCLE_WALLET_ID_THAT_WAS_CREATED_IN_UI" authorize '(principal "YOUR_PRINCIPAL_ID_FOR_DEVELOPER_IDENTITY_OR_NNS")'