I have some ICP locked in voting neurons. The neurons earn maturity, I can then spawn a neutron and dissolve the new neuron to unlock the ICP. However when viewed on IC rocks or this is shown simply as a mint transaction where ICP is created ex nihilo with no connection to either the original neutron or the principal.
My concern is that potentially for AML compliance purposes I might be required to prove the chain
- I bought ICP for Fiat on an exchange → I locked it in a neurone → I spawned to create a new neurone → I dissolved → I transferred to an exchange and sold for Fiat.
But can only prove
- I bought ICP for Fiat on an exchange → I locked it in a neurone
- Someone spawned a new neurone → dissolved → transferred to an exchange → and I sold for Fiat.
I think it must be possible to prove that all these transactions were done by me because they were all done by the Principals I control. I also think that large holders like Dominic or A16Z must have a method for doing this. So the question is:
- How can I prove the mint transaction was due to a call by my Principal?
- What records/receipts should I keep for AML purposes when spawning neurons?
- How can a compliance department verify that what I am telling them is correct.
I hate this stuff as much as anyone but need to sort it out to avoid a life ruining situation like:
- Have huge tax bill because have income.
- Cannot cash out because no bank can understand where the income came from.