How many developers tried the SDK in 2020?

I appreciate your criticism @ohmi. I agree that there is still much work to be done before the platform can be taken seriously by wider audiences. Your previous post on the Scalability of update calls in a common scenario underscores some important considerations for building scalable applications. Though perhaps our perspectives still differ. I concur with my colleague that there are many use cases where horizontal scaling is not only possible, but also easy and effective. Please create separate threads for data privacy regulations and customer dispute resolution. Those are great topics for further discussion.

Management was recently given the green light to put all documentation and source code into the public domain, including the Public Specification, the Haskell Reference Implementation, the Production Rust Implementation, the Motoko Compiler, amongst many other things. I cannot guarantee this will include the benchmarks you are looking for, but hopefully it answers more questions than it creates. I think the lack of public materials has certainly contributed to less interest and lower traffic here.

Respectfully, it is highly disingenuous to assert without evidence that the organization is running a Ponzi scheme of sorts. I would not work here if that was the case.

Shipping killer apps that attract end customers is a top priority for the SDK team, and me in particular. We had some success last year with LinkedUp and CanCan, and I was greatly inspired by projects from the Tungsten Demo Day. We are working hard to set the groundwork for what comes next as more features become available and existing features become more reliable.

8 Likes