Help choosing FT standard

Hey, I am building a new architecture for a marketplace for FT tokens. However, I am going back and fourth on what standard I should use and why. Please, could someone help me?

I am looking at ICRC-2 standard, but I have noticed there are also -3 and -4 now, however, how can I know if they are stable/not deprecated?

I found a sample on using ICRC-2 with Motoko (I am coding in Motoko), but I would like some further assistance. Is there any place specific to discuss topics regarding tokenization standards?

Thank you.

The ICRC-1 standard is the base standard, 2, 3 and 4 are all extensions on top of this standard.

A ready to use ledger implementation that implements all standards can be found here: ICRC-1 ledger setup | Internet Computer

Alternatively you can also implement your own ledger canister, you can start by implementing the base ICRC-1 standard and then move on to implementing 2, 3 and 4.

Besides this forum, the tokenization working group also has a channel on the IC Developers Discord.

3 Likes

We have a host of motoko libraries that implement these standards and give you hooks/event to tap into if your token needs custom functionality:

https://github.com/orgs/PanIndustrial-Org/repositories

GitHub - PanIndustrial-Org/ICRC_fungible: A full implementation of an ICRC 1,2,3 compatible fungible token has it all wired up and the icrc4 branch adds icrc4, but it has not been updated with the latest changes to icrc4 from the working group.

2 Likes