Force-Lock Seed Investors’ Neurons for 8 Years

We have like 22 million worth of vc/seed unlocks left. You should of proposed this whenever we had a 100 million+. The damaged is already done to the ecosystem.

It’s not too late to mitigate the remaining damage.

1 Like

This is a horrible idea. Forcing investors to stake for 8 years sets a horrible precedent and will scare off all future investors for years to come. The best thing we can do for the ecosystem is to promote the many projects built on the IC and drive adoption.

9 Likes

After eight successful years of seed wheel pledging, then developing the technology to trade pledged neurons.

Thank you for posting this. I agree with you. Fact is an 8-year staker (I am one) does not care about price today. Inflation today doesn’t matter! Growing the network is the only thing that matters - if someone proposes to lock seed neurons Vote No.

2 Likes

I fully agree with your idea, support.

1 Like

Smaug you are against IC? This is the worst idea i ever see, YOU CANT PLAY WITH INVESTOR MONEY ! Maybe i will make a proposal to take your icp and share it to all stakers, to have a compensation for low prices. I will vote right now NOOOOOO!

2 Likes

yes!you’re right.I think so.

Making them stake 8 years also makes them even richer in the long run. More rewards for them.

2 Likes

To Attract Developers, We Need To Eliminate Monthly Dumping
In this market, when the narrative changes, developers come, and when developers come, the ecosystem grows.

2 Likes

The real problem is allocating too many tokens to the seed rounders when genesis

Seed rounders were able to purchase a large amount of tokens that would destroy the ecosystem at 0.03

Even if they sell it now, the profit is more than 150 times

Ecosystem growth is insignificant and can’t fill the dumping pressure and getting worse

For the sake of the ecosystem, they too must be held accountable

I participated in the dream of a fair decentralized internet, but it may not even exist from the beginning. Everything is driven by money

3 Likes

This proposal is a disaster. Regardless of the original tokenomics & allocations, playing god with any neuron unlock schedules would be a death sentence for the ICP token. I look forward to voting no on this proposal.

7 Likes

I think adjust node reward mechanism for a fixed amount of ICP rather than dollars, it is more feasible.

This is the worst post i have read since the begining ! I spent a lot of my money (my real money, not crypto gains) for ICP since it’s 80, 30, 20, 10, 7, 5$… and lock for 8 years this amount of money would be see as a tyrannical behaviour. I guess there is also ennemies of the project, ennemies of justice registered on this forum, and well, we have to deal with any kind of treat.

This is how marketing in crypto works, create fear when price is low, and hype when it’s high… and then, you are probably the side of the fear. This proposal is evil.

As other people said, how could people trust icp if their previous token has been forced to be locked for 8 years ? This is an insult for justice and intelligence.

First round of ICP distribution were 0.03$ in 2017… it has been listed to 300$… went to 2800$…who has ever seen a coin listed 100.000x the price of its ICO ?

4 Likes

When you build something and the market perceives it to be total shit, then that is what the market perceives. There just is no magic formula. I’d prefer to see proposals about how we can do better marketing or how we can actively bring VCs into the ecosystem to fund startups. The community fund could also be a good idea (yet maybe a risky one).

1 Like

This project was too much of a hype.
Who should be blamed for the hype?
Let’s find a better alternative

Always important to ask, “Who could sue for millions of dollars if we did this?”

You could code a blockchain in Motoko on the IC that would still be light years more advanced than any competitor.

2 Likes

I’ll be voting no. The NNS should not be used to take control of other people’s assets for our collective financial benefit.

5 Likes

It is tempting to solve some of our issues with this, right now. But I do think it would cause more harm in the long run.
Reputation is of utmost important in our field and so it will stain the IC forever.

I don’t believe that we will find brighter days by being led by fear.
There is other ways and I’m sure we can collectively find awesome solutions !