Dfx 0.10.0 - dfx canister deposit-cycles returns error

Wanted to check in on this, as I’m writing some quickstart documentation for a developer tool and would love for the copy paste steps I’m writing to be easier to digest for the end user (developer).

This is the best solution I have right now

dfx canister --wallet=$(dfx identity get-wallet) deposit-cycles <cycle_amount> <canister>

I think the default behavior if a wallet-id or name is not provided would be to use this default wallet for the developer’s identity.

The ideal would be for the command below to use this default wallet

dfx canister deposit-cycles <cycles> <canister>

If the sdk team still wants to make the wallet explicit for the IC, then it might be helpful to allow developers to reference a default alias via --wallet=default that would use the same wallet returned by dfx identity get-wallet.

Now this same command would look like

dfx canister --wallet=default deposit-cycles <cycles> <canister>.

I also know that the cycles wallet is being deprecated, so I’m not sure if that’s what’s holding this up :slightly_smiling_face:

Additionally, I wanted to check in on the dfx ordering of flag arguments ticket mentioned in Depositing Cycles from Terminal - #14 by Severin (allow dfx flags to be placed at various placed in the middle of or at the end of the command)