DFINITY Foundation’s vote on Governance proposal #80970 (“Spam proposal”) and #86639 ("Temperature Check")

With all due respect @Johnchiby , I am not even sure why you think ICPM made any such proposals.

1. I have found more motion proposals from DFINITY on voting and spam and weights than any other entity by far. Here is one that I myself presented on behalf of DFINITY in November 2021:Changes to governance proposals and voting reward weights (Proposal)

2. Historically: Most (95%) spam or junk proposals came from the same entity. If any one actor has produced spam, it was examples like this. Now, to be intellectually honest, they created the spam due to the tokenomics incentives, so I would still point at the tokenomics as the true culprit:

Or even these:

This one even says (openly):

Hahaha, let us assume the increased proposal rejection cost is implemented.

If you also want to increase your daily earnings, you can donate to my proposal account using the following formula: a367ed0ae66218194aafc9fb484dd78cc78fa28b57f4cc69b106e6aafd7403ea

Once a month: [Amount of donations] = [Amount of stake ICP] * 0.01% 30
Once a week: [Amount of donations] = [Amount of stake ICP] * 0.01% 7
Once a day: [Amount of donations] = [Amount of stake ICP] * 0.01% 1

I only need to receive a daily 0.01% maturity donation of 0.05% of the total neurons per day to continue increasing the yield for you.

Just see this list from one period of time:

When you see this, it’s pretty clear if there is an entity creating spam, it’s NOT ICPMN.

3. There was a period where Wenzel created “educational motion proposals” like this one during his “30 days of governance” campaign he did:

Notably it has the section:

This is the 16th proposal in a 30 day series of Governance motion proposals that will be submitted to the NNS. These proposals each describe something educational about IC governance. The action that is requested with these proposals is for you to demonstrate participation in governance by voting. The neurons that vote will get voting rewards whether or not these proposals are adopted or rejected. For more information, please visit the deliberation on the forum topic linked below. You can also find all past daily governance proposals in this series on the dashboard.

But he only did it for 1 month. Is this what you refer to?

4. I do not recall nor can I find ANY motion proposal by ICPMN on this topic that has been implemented.

The closest thing I have seen to what you are saying is two things:

a. ICPMN members have created forum posts or comments on their thoughts on spam and junk proposals. This is not new, MANY people have done this. None really became motion proposals that have been implemented.

b. People on ICPM telegram channel do share ideas, and maybe it appears that these ideas were created by then or implemented.

4 Likes