Changing ICP tokens to a more brandable name

Bitcoin and Ethereum sound more like actual currencies, as if they are real objects, albeit incorporeal ones. “ICP tokens” doesn’t sound like anything and doesn’t elicit the same response Bitcoin and Ethereum do. Branding and functionality compliment each other and I think we should come up with a more recognizable name for the native token of the ICP.

2 Likes

I’m actually in support of this as well. I’ve always felt that a rebranded token name would be in order someday. I’d like to add that we should still keep ICP (internet computer protocol) as a sort of nomenclature for the network itself, but the token itself should be entirely rebranded. It’s a little exhausting having to differentiate ourselves from insane clown posse everytime we give an elevator speech. I agree too that ICP is an odd name for a currency even one that underpins a network. “Hello that will be 5 internet computer protocols sir”.

If the crypto $ION wasn’t already taken it would make a great name for the rebranded ICP token. It relates to how the entire network of ICP being composed of neurons and canisters all communicating with eachother. In neurochemistry Ions are the electrical impulses that fire between neurons. Maybe something in that vein could make a good rebranded currency name?

ICP sounds perfect to me

4 Likes

Sure, let’s rebrand ICP to iCoin and maybe even Apple will start to use it :heart_eyes:

:sweat_smile: Just joking, I’m perfectly fine with ICP :innocent:

And btw, there already was a renaming (Temperature Check) discussion/proposal:

1 Like

Yea!
Let’s rename ICP to ROBUX finally

3 Likes

I would like to see a name change, Reasons whenever you look up Icp it always seem to wrongfully link it to a SBF and rugpulls or an American Rapp group not good really. I would like it to be called something new more dynamic something fresh that would inspire. How about asking the community to come up with a poll of different possible name changes maybe. Marketing is everything. BUZZ coin would get my vote

Signed up just to say that this is a terrible idea. Please dont rename anything.

3 Likes

We should hire ICP band to promote ICP token

1 Like