Asset canister source code?

I was just helping someone trying to build an interesting app for the Internet Computer, and they would benefit from having a dedicated asset storing and serving canister – and dfx ships with such a canister! But it seems that the code itself isn’t available yet.

Can we expect that canister code to be publicly available soon, or should I advise them to work without it, @roman-kashitsyn?

4 Likes

Hi @nomeata!

The assets canister is in the final stages of the open-sourcing pipeline, it should be open very soon (I hope within a week or so). I’m looking forward to finally making it public. People should be able to see the code that serves their assets.

9 Likes

Related to that, the specification for our simple certified HTTP asset protocol deserves a public home. Maybe include it in the repo, until it has a better one?

In fact, the whole HTTP Gateway feature specification needs a home…

2 Likes

@nomeata does the HTTP Gateway feature specification apply to this PR?

Right, that specification would have to be changed (extended) for that feature. So having the spec in a public place where proposals can be made would be even better :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve just got the final approval and pressed the button.
It’s public now: GitHub - dfinity/certified-assets: A certified assets canister written in Rust. :tada:

10 Likes