Announcing Technical Working Groups

Thanks for setting this up, having a developer events calendar we can subscribe to is sweet!!!

I see there isn’t an infrastructure topic - is this covered under developer tooling/scalability (i.e. potential overlap)?

Also, some of these are pretty straight forward (i.e. canister metrics & reporting, network governance, etc.), but others have some more overlap (i.e. identity & auth, security & audits, privacy), so it would be great if each of these topics could include a brief 1 sentence/paragraph scope of what types of questions/topics are appropriate for each meeting.

8 Likes

Yes, we imagine there will be some overlap here and there, but it will really be up to the working groups to define scope, agenda, etc. once up-and-running. There will also likely be a separate monthly meeting just for leads where some of these overlapping topics (or gaps) can be identified.

7 Likes

Oh no, the dreaded 5pm CET… :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Really exciting stuff. +1 to a future Scalability working group.

BTW, the @dfx-json handle is really clever.

6 Likes

That’s what I am thinking about a lot recently, why are you so late to do this so :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:? :joy: :joy: :joy: Anyway, very exciting to see this and hope we could see the detailed roadmap soon, then we maybe able to see what 250+ team members are doing everyday so that while the same time the community member is possible to provide feedback?

1 Like

Topic: Identity & Authentication will be discussed here: Working Group: Identity & Authentication
Looking forward to see you in today’s group session!

4 Likes

Hey everyone, Thank you for attending the session today. The next session about developer tooling is Thursday 7pm please leave any questions in this thread

2 Likes

Will the recordings end up on youtube?

2 Likes

Topic: Ledger & Tokenization
I am one of the initiators of CBD (Canister Builder DAO) and standardization is the main matter of CBD.
First of all, Fungible Token and Non-fungible Token are very different things and each deserves to be discussed separately, so I suggest that the official Working Group should create different Topics to discuss them separately.

3 Likes

Hi Witter, I’m leading the Ledger & Tokenization working group. I agree with you that we should discuss Fungible and Non-Fungible Token Standards separately. During the working group today I explained that we will do so and we will start with Fungible Tokens.

2 Likes

Hi everyone, I’m happy to announce that we have decided to reduce the time between Ledger & Tokenization working group meeting from 1 month to 2 weeks to speed up the discussion around token standards. The next meeting will be the 26th of April. More info in the separate forum thread.

8 Likes

In addition to the working groups already rolling out, I would like to propose prioritizing the planned working group for Network Governance. I believe a dedicated forum could help focus and synthesize discussions taking place around spam proposals and related matters.

6 Likes

This would also be helpful for developing out the SNS. 2^u!

hey…relax it’s the weekend…take it easy…what ever fuck up ( or maybe not) you think you made is already done. Just take your Girlfriend or Boyfriend out for a drink, get a massage get some sleep or something. stop watching CMC. you are not going to influence anybody in this forum. Smart people hang around here!!

1 Like

team, find here the link to the Technical Working Group calendar and here the browser calendar view.

1 Like

Hey guys, Next Ledger & Tokenization technical working group meeting is tomorrow 10 may 5 pm CET. The calendar event can be found here. Zoom link is here . Please update your calendars.

2 Likes

Guys, why are we doing this tomorrow and announcing with one day notice? This will not increase participation.

2 Likes

Hey MaxFinity,

You can find all upcoming events in the calendar of the initial post. These are simply reminders

Next Ledger & Tokenization technical working group meeting is happening on 19 may 5 pm CET. The calendar event can be found here . Zoom link is here

2 Likes