Suggested enhancements to the Community fund

Good to know that its being addressed.

It seemed like DFINITY could have pushed this Front-end update along with the previous SNS updates you mentioned above @bjoernek

As per my knowledge, even the ICA dashboard, the most popular and go to dashboard of ICP does not show the NF details either…

here is what I was mentioning earlier @bjoernek

The motion proposal for the NF enhancements has been approved. The NNS frontend and backend is now working on it, including the clear separation between Direct and NF participation.

Regarding the dashboard: We already have an ongoing discussion to enhance SNS functionality, compare this thread. The dashboard team is currently looking into this (enhancing functionality during after the swap), but the precise plans are under discussion.
cc: @Dylan

How long till the discussions move to execution phase? DFINITY has adopted multiple motion proposals in the past which are not yet implemented. We can cite the examples to back our claims.

Seems like this thread has gone dark. Any updates from DFINITY?

We still cannot see the Neuron Fund contribution for SNS sales on Both NNS Frontend launchpad and ICA Dashboard.

Any updates on this?

It’s nice to see improvements. I do have a bit of concern though. Couldn’t the developer just fund half of the money by himself and then get the other half from the NF? Wouldn’t that instantly make it free money? At least 50% of it? I’m sure somebody has already asked this.

1 Like

Very good question!

Partially, the S-shaped curve helps to mitigate this behaviour. The developer team would need to contribute significant amounts of ICP in order to pass the threshold beyond which the NF starts contributing.

In addition, if the project is not considered viable by the NF neurons, they could decide to opt out of the NF during the SNS voting period, which would reduce the contribution of the NF. In the extreme case when all of the NF neurons opt out, the NF contribution would go down to zero.

Going forward, it might useful to review the possibility of NF neurons explicitly voting on the particiaption, so that they would actually have to opt in rather than opt out, as it is currently the case. This idea was already brought up by several members of the community and it seems like a useful future enhancement.

4 Likes