SNS-1 and how to interact with the SNS canisters

This is solana tier.

2 Likes

I even cannot see my tokens:

How did this happen?

2 Likes

Wow this is god awful. Error 503 on mobile and on laptop.

This is the first “crash” on ICP.

Congrats reddit, we did it.

Lol it’s not a crash. There’s a difference between overloaded and a crash. Also, just because the WEBSITE was overloaded, doesn’t mean it has anything to do with the BLOCKCHAIN. In fact I KNOW it had nothing to do with the ICP’s blockchain infrastructure. Have you ever been to a website that has so much internet traffic that the website is “down”? It happens. It’s something the team needs to address but damn it doesn’t mean ICP as a blockchain is at fault.

1 Like

The NNS is hosted on chain.
Therefore the chain got “overloaded”.
A couple hundred people simultaneously try to sign up for a donation, and it overloads and crashes.

You can cope and seethe all you want, but it wont change perception of the average person who just watched the poop festival play out over the last 15 minutes.

We should wait until a team member can answer, but I completely disagree. Check this link out and you’ll see that ICP as a blockchain was fine. The problem lies with the NNS Dapp. Just because ONE dapp is overloaded, it does not mean the entire chain is overloaded. Again, it shouldn’t happen and needs to be addressed. However, I just think it’s very disingenuous to act like the entire chain got overloaded. If a team member comes out and says yeah the entire chain got overloaded then I will be the first to admit that I was 100% wrong. Until then, I’ll wait for answers.

As a new participant of this DAO, I would like to offer to make it an inaugural VR space, running inside a canister. I’ve made a few of these, under the banner of the Island Collective. This would be a personal effort, directed towards whichever needs the DAO agrees on, and would be entirely free and open-source from the outset, and could act as both a hub and template for future canisters, plus a talking point, stage for further development, and so on

If there is :heart: for this idea, I will happily start to draw up an initial feature list, based on what’s possible so far, and what could be achieved with time, and then I guess I would think about polling for ideas for VR spaces.

5 Likes

Glad to see others found the launch eventful.

1 Like

ctrl-shift-r is your friend is these situations… i got there in the last third

:rofl: :joy: :rofl:

It is not planned to have a built-in preference for 8year neurons, but we are working on additional airdrop features that would allow each SNS to choose to airdrop certain groups, for example 8year neurons, tokens.

3 Likes

Hi all, we will get back to you with an analysis what happened in the next days. Thanks for the feedback and the participation!

5 Likes

Congratulations to the entire dfinity team! The work you do is greatly appreciated! :raised_hands:

Question: What is the dissolution time of 30 days for? the rewards do not change if they have it for 0 or 30 days. Once it is unlocked, can the staking time be increased again? Thx !!

2 Likes

hello Lara, why the sns-1 token has not yet appeared in my neuron. Thanks

I have the same issue

Read this:

Thanks for this info. :saluting_face:

1 Like

This is not crash on ICP, but only one part of the nns dapp. You will note that other parts of the nns dapp other than launchpad were ok. I didnt get through, but I wont whine.

I think the SNS neurons should show up at the same page as regular neurons by default on the NNS page. Maybe add a filter if the user wants to examine only a particular neuron group.

From @ewebb6’s link:

The decentralization sale is finished and the neuron distribution has started, they should all be distributed over the next 24hrs. This is slower than we’d like, but something we hope to improve in the future. Those who participated in the airdrop should see their SNS-1 neurons already.

1 Like

The minimum dissolve delay for participation in governance is 1 month.

As per the initial configuration, SNS-1 will not distribute any voting rewards, i.e., the reward rate is zero. This configuration could however be changed by proposal, if approved by the SNS-1 community.

And yes confirmed: You can increase the dissolve delay (staking time) at any time for a neuron. This applies for a dissolved neuron, but also for a dissolving/non-dissolving neuron.

Please let me know if this clarifies your question.