SNS-1 and how to interact with the SNS canisters

In my opinion, the first SNS-1 should become a search/list of all DAOs that will be created in the future. One and without any restrictions, as happens in other centralized ones, where search results are often blocked under the pressure of local totalitarian governments. Protecting our privacy and the right to access knowledge from around the world, or maybe Wikipedia created anew? Can come up with a lot, I think it’s one of the first topics that should be voted on when the sale is done!

1 Like

I think that’s a great idea! All of those! It could be a community led effort to accomplish something like a wikipedia

1 Like

To me, it has a lot to do with nostalgia I guess you could say. As others have said, it’s the genesis of SNS-1. Imagine looking back years later and thinking, wow. I was there in the action when this stuff was being developed.

1 Like

I would love SNS-1 to become the seed for a wikipedia in the Internet Computer. Contributors could be paid with governance tokens. This would attract a lot of eye balls not just on the SNS-1 tokens but on the IC. The awareness of this project could propell token prices which would be a source of development funding

1 Like

I feel like a good idea would be to incorporate audience rating. This would be so that the audience could rate the article for truthfulness. One of the problems with Wikipedia is that occasionally there will be a bogus article. If there was an audience rating then that would tell people that this might be or might not be a good source of information. And the audience could use tokens to rate the article

1 Like

One could even think of introducing a little inflation in the future to accompany the scoring of content such as Instagram likes. Each creator would be rewarded with tokens from it, which would drive further development. However, I believe that it should be at the maximum level of 5%.
In addition, to reduce spam, it is worth creating a “white list” of creators, people on it would be full-time employees, but elected in periodic social elections. But that’s just my vision, fantasy.
However, the initial challenge is obtaining the capitalization by the DAO that will allow the implementation of the investment. Undoubtedly, it will be a challenge for the whole community.

1 Like

Another idea for the first SNS-1 launch would be that it’s a DAO for new launches. When I say this, I mean that in order for a new project to launch on the launchpad, the SNS-1 DAO would have to vote to approve the launch. This could help in case it might be a rugpull or something like that. Not sure if there are already safe guards to stop rugs but I thought this might be a good idea to give SNS-1 some utility

1 Like

NNS Dapp not works. It’s been like this for several hours. I think it’s because of Launch SNS. Now the question is whether the DFINITY neuron is going to vote: if so, the sale will start at a random moment within 3 days and people will stop checking the NNS every 5 minutes, and if not, they servers goes down for the next 3 days because without the foundation’s vote the proposal is not able to achieve absolute majority.

And referring to your statement: the idea makes sense at this point, it would be a perfect relief of NNS in such critical moments.

1 Like

Yeah I was a little confused as to when the sale would start. This tweet clears things up a bit but who knows. Plans could change. Glad to know I’m not the only one checking NNS every 5 minutes lol

2 Likes

I don’t check NNS everytime and then twitter too so many thanks for this tweet, now I know what and how so I don’t have to stress that I’ll miss something :grinning: :grinning:

1 Like

Thoughts on the SNS-1 Dao launching a meme coin. Just notes - white paper still needed For these purposes will call the meme coin the “Hemingway” but I think it should be named after a “key” Internet Computer or SNS contributor, as it should.

1)This will be a 3-coin system. SNS-1 serves as the governance token of the Dao, the creator of the Hemingway, thereby the SNS-1 will also govern the Hemingway.

2)SNS-1 publicity creates tailwinds to launch the Hemingway, there is free publicity and marketing. The scarcity of not being able to own SNS-1 will drive some purchases of owning the Hemingway. It’s pure speculation to own the Hemingway, the first Dao controlled meme coin on the IC, if I’m not mistaken.

3)ICP raised from the sale of Hemingway meme coin is used to generate future returns within the ICP DeFi ecosystem and a percentage of profits will be used to buy & burn Hemingway’s on a cyclical basis as decided by the Dao. Or, my personal preference, a percentage of ICP from the initial Hemingway sale is locked :lock: in 8-year non dissolving neurons for entirety and a percentage of Maturity is used to buy and burn :fire: the Hemingway on a cyclical schedule or as determined by the Dao, or a combination of the 2. ICP ecosystem benefits by having ICP staked forever - we all want this.

Summary: We have 3 coins, SNS-1 governs the meme coin called the Hemingway. The Hemingway serves no purpose, it is a speculative meme coin. ICP generated from the sales of Hemingway are staked forever, using a percentage of Maturity to buy back Hemingway and burn it, reducing supply. This will result in a more favorable financial climate for the SNS-1 Dao so it can do more meaningful endeavors in the future, while benefiting ICP and Hemingway token holders.

@DHemingway I like the point that you had raised; they have heightened the possibility of what is possible with Sns-1.

I however see the transformation from the name of SNS-1 to VISION 2030 to stick more with the community.

Why VISION 2030?

1. First, we could highly want as a community to extend the culture of 8 year gang; within this generation and the generations that come after.

SNS-1 was born in 2022 and hence 2030 lies after 8 years.

1. Motoko, the native language for the IC logo is designed to have glasses. That would make it easier for new developers in the near future to understand this vision.
    While they learn and develop their projects, they are likely to refer back and see why, how and what happened to VISION 2030.

2. VISION 2030 is all inclusive name within all cultures of the word; it is easily understandable.

A problem with naming in the scientific community, especially in chemistry and biology comes when scientists named compounds and processes after themselves; what arised are complex names that students decades after would not memorize.

1. Upon acceptance of a proposal to change the name from SNS-1 to VISION 2030, the community can see how true decentralization works.
    ie, working as a community. Some people work on the immediate software, some work on the token in place, some by voting and some by just making simple contributions. What would emerge is a masterpiece like never seen before; it’s worth a shot :100:

So I genuinely ask the community… what would you like your VISION 2030 to be? Please comment below and as My grandfather used to say the best day to start was yesterday, today it might be too late and tomorrow is not promised. As community members your immediate response is highly encouraged; WHAT IS YOUR VISION 2030?

I would reject any proposals to have SNS-1 be anywhere near a memecoin. The technology is just too amazing to be associated with a pump and dump memecoin

1 Like

Lol. I bet Foundation will not be able to vote then, NNS will be down.

You’re welcome to make a proposal for that, but there are no plans for that right now.

We’re aware and figuring out how we can make it easier for the next SNS that will launch.

There were problems with some nodes on the NNS subnet. After switching them out everything should be working again.

Even if the NNS were down, people (including the foundation) are still able to vote through other means, most commonly over CLI using quill.

2 Likes

Pretty sure there are plans for that. :slight_smile:

Why on earth did you make the process to buy in or participate so profoundly difficult?

Serious. I tried to figure out how to participate, but it was like “be at this location, on a tuesday, with a full moon, upside down, while raining” in order to get in.

1 Like

I had 0 issues to participate…just logged in hit launch pad …choose SNS-1…hit participate…Max …and that was it…:slight_smile:

The experience is not good at all, it is very slow and prompt errors for many times, hope the team is seeing and could improve it.

yes…I did get some error messages but the transaction went thru