Simple Reference Documentation of How the NNS Functions

The NNS is quite complicated in many ways that I keep discovering. Other people ask me questions about it, and I give them vague answers of things I’ve heard…really my understanding is just enough to make sure my personal staking and voting situation is what I want it to be.

Is there a simple and complete reference documentation for exactly how the NNS functions? I’m especially interested in how the follow votes work, since it isn’t obvious what happens to my vote when I have multiple followees.

I want a resource I can just send people to (and myself) so that we can quickly and easily look up all of the rules. I suppose the ic repository is the only place with all of the rules currently?

4 Likes

This community conversation explains a bit of the nns functionality (there’s many different aspect of the nns so it all won’t be explained in a single video). This video in particular explains what happens when you select followees and how the voting works etc…

2 Likes

@lastmjs i am working on this on wiki… but Contributions welcomed!

Even if it’s high level structure you’d like to see

1 Like

https://wiki.internetcomputer.org/wiki/Internet_Computer_wiki

1 Like
1 Like

When did the wiki launch?

Soft launch 2 weeks ago:

Promoted widely via Dfinity Twitter yesterday.

1 Like

I should be clear that we are taking the feedback from this thread and intend to implement it… but feel free to beat us to it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh cool, I missed all of this. Thanks! Seems the wiki is probably one of the best places to put this sort of documentation.

2 Likes