Run dfx wallet --network ic balance prompt no Wasm module

Hi guys, I am trying to deploy canister, I use the following steps

1. I created a canister using Internet Computer Content Validation Bootstrap and recharged cycle.
  2. Run the dfx identity get-principal command, then I added my identity to the canister, update the controller.
  3. dfx identity --network ic set-wallet <my canister id>
  4. When I run dfx wallet --network ic balance
    Prompt me the following error
    The Replica returned an error: code 3, message: “IC0304: Attempt to execute a message on canister which contains no Wasm module”

Is there any solution?

Try

dfx identity --network ic deploy-wallet <wallet_canister_id>

After that

dfx wallet --network ic balance

should work as intended.

3 Likes

I’m running into this same issue getting my first wallet setup. I tried the deploy-wallet suggestion, but I get:

The wallet canister “<wallet_canister_id>” already exists for user “default” on “ic” network.

Any other thoughts on how to get my wallet working? Is there a different way I should be creating my wallet?

Try to create new identity with custom name and run deploy wallet to IC as stated above

thanks for the reply, before I saw your message, I was able to create a new identity with custom name deploy my static site to the canister using no-wallet option. But now the canister has cycles (from my nns account) on it but no wallet.

I was going to try the deploy-wallet command again with the new identity as suggested but will that effect the site I now have deployed to the canister. Can the canister that I deployed my site to also be my wallet canister?