Peculiar issue 7 years and 365 days neuron

Hi,

What was the problem? You got the error “Additional delay is 0”?

Could you tell me from how much delay to how much were you trying to increase? I’d like to replicate it in my machine so that I can fix it.

Thanks!

Hi, I tried increasing DissolveDelaySeconds:126230399 to 126230400 in Hot or Not neuron via NNS Dapp. It only worked after several update attempts.
This is a cosmetic, 1 sec bug, but I think that after clicking ‘max’ this value should always be maximum.

Sorry for my overzealousness!

Thanks for the info.

I encountered the issue once in mainnet, but I wasn’t able to replicate it in my dev environment to better understand what’s going on.

What I found confusing was to update the delay to Max, when the neuron was dissolving. Because after setting it to the max, let’s say 4 years, I was seeing 3 years and 365 days.

Yet, that was correct, because the neuron was dissolving and after the seconds of setting the dissolve delay to 4 years, it was already not 4 years. Did you have this also?

I couldn’t replicate the error “Additional delay is 0” in my local environment. Let me know if you encounter it again and pay attention to the steps if you don’t mind. I believe there must be some edge case that we are not handling well.

Thanks again!!

1 Like

I don’t know how it is, but with SONIC SNS there is practically no neuron with 100% Dissolve Delay Bonus. Is it Front End’s fault or maybe something else that I don’t know about (the screenshot shows neurons sorted from those with the longest period)?

I looked into this and I used the Dashboard’s canister interface which calls the canisters directly.
Sonic Governance Canister. Here are two IDs you can test with:
Call get_neuron function for each of the two IDs below

100% Dissolve Delay Bonus

3498bf653f0ea7ac5c9e26f57eca640ca1d1a33ddf0b17f595308fbe91245ab1

Screenshot 2023-10-10 at 9.29.34 AM

93.3% Dissolve Delay Bonus

062c198bc79dda6942b5da9a6b5d43b2ca74552bf93243fc3b9aca86041a134d

Screenshot 2023-10-10 at 9.29.27 AM

Then on the same page you can call the get_nervous_system_parameters and see that this SNS has a
Screenshot 2023-10-10 at 10.25.39 AM

So technically, the one neuron is not quite set to the max dissolve delay set by the SNS parameters.

1 Like

That’s right, thanks for that! The problem seems to be in the Front-end of the NNS Dapp. This is one of many problems. Another is, for example, that you are not able to remove followers for many OpenChat neurons from Launchpad, which follow their Beacon Neurons in certain 3 topics that no longer exist.
It would be nice if the development team took a closer look at it.
Maybe they’ll fix it someday.

I will pass that along to the NNS team.

1 Like