Node compensation and runaway massive inflation

This thread explains the various issues with seed access, including the bad communication regarding vesting: Seed Round Access
My comment about how it would be good if Dfinity came clean was based on reading this thread and one other like it.

4 Likes

When the seed funds were collected there was 0 talk of vesting. Perhaps you ought to spend some time understanding the situation is different here.

1 Like

When seed was collected there was nothing said about vesting this was created years later after the fact. And has obviously caused the downward price trajectory we are handicapped with.

4 Likes

@Denis @superduper really ? Wow, really sorry for you guys… sincerely.

Reality hurts. The fact is, I have heard no real rebuttal to the points made here about ICP’s tokenomics. Dfinity has admitted on several occasions that they should have made further consultation with accountants and economic analysts. Leave the echo chamber for once and let’s figure out a path forward.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing. I hadn’t seen that thread previously (admittedly because I’ve had no need to search for help on KYC or claiming tokens since I’m not a seed investor). I can see how the launch built up to a high frustration level for seed investors. It probably felt at the time like other early investors and highly skilled programmers were going to run away with all the profits and leave other seed investors behind. I probably would have felt that type of panic as well. Hopefully there is some level of satisfaction knowing that all seed investors are still in high profit even though they may not have been able to access the initial opportunity. In spite of that emotional roller coaster, I still wish I were a seed investor, but the frustration does make sense.

2 Likes

yeh dude every coin dumps down 99% and completely bankrupts thousands of ppl (except the oh so special private investor) of course, I’m being sarcastic by the way

1 Like

It didn’t just frustrate seed people it also created a situation where people who bought icp the first months have been completely cleaned out because of the fact that such a small amount of icp was available. The price should never gone to $600 that was completely unnecessary and just gave away new buyers money to people shorting the f*** out of the coin.

I had no plans to sell significant portions in the first month but I definitely don’t like to see new fans of the project paying so much and then having the coin dump on them it creates bad vibes and hurts the project

6 Likes

You are absolutely right on the adoption front. The devs have NOT given up on this project. The adoption curve is increasing. Hard work in the bear markets (overall macro) does pay off in the long term.

+1, the Internet Computer mainnet launched 13 months ago. This is the very beginning.

3 Likes

I totally agree. IC is doing something different than the current blockchain platforms on the market. it’s like a real research and game changer with real web3 vision. so it takes time for the team to build and develop. I guess you will see that in the next 5 years🚀

1 Like

Apology for what? Seed investors have made a lot of money on ICP.

What do you think could have been done to prevent the poor price performance?

I find the idea that foundation should apologize to seed investors for putting them in a vesting schedule preposterous. These bought ICP at . 03 cents are still in massive profits even at current price.

By the way all the major L1s who conducted an ico during that time frame have some form of vesting schedules for seed investors and sometime complete lockup for months before vesting even kicks in.

Spare me the whining. Retail investors paid 100x more than you and are still down.

3 Likes

Anybody who thinks that seed investors are whining should read about the various fairness experiments done with animals, beginning with capuchin monkeys. In fact, everybody should know about these experiments generally, because they teach us something fundamental about perceptions of fairness, something so deep it goes beyond homo sapiens.

4 Likes

That video was laugh out loud funny. I enjoyed watching it over Sat morning coffee. Thanks for sharing.

I guess we can all relate to the monkey that gets fed cucumbers because there is always someone else who is getting fed grapes. It all depends on your point of reference.

2 Likes

Oy vey, please stop the dump

1 Like

What would that reaction look like? Is there somewhere i Can find a comprehensive strategy for dealing with the issue of runaway inflation in the event that it’s gets to that point? There’s a lot of conflicting assertions made in this thread. I’m having a hard time separating fact from fud.

1 Like

I think is about time for a plan to prevent the death spiral due to the node rewards . Hope to see something from dfinity team .

3 Likes

+1 (twenty characters)

Agreed, I’d take anything at this point. Buyback, burn, a tiny airdrop. Dfinity has burnt retail investors to the tune of several billion dollars. Toss us a bone please.

1 Like