NNS creating canisters is currently broken

When I try to create a canister via the frontend of NNS app, if I inspect I get the following error:

Error: Call failed: Canister: qoctq-giaaa-aaaaa-aaaea-cai Method: get_icp_to_cycles_conversion_rate (query) “Status”: “rejected” “Code”: “CanisterError” “Message”: “IC0503: Canister qoctq-giaaa-aaaaa-aaaea-cai trapped explicitly: Panicked at ‘ICP/XDR conversion rate is not available.’, rs/src/main.rs:269:21” at caller (ic_agent.js:18421) at async Object.executeWithLogging (ic_agent.js:5235)

That’s all. :slight_smile:


Might this be related to the recent exchange-rate-query updates to the NNS registry and cycles minting canisters?

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know. Let me escalate this (i suspect I know what this is… it is a front-end thing that is in the middle of being changed).


The fix for this is in this proposal Internet Computer Network Status

The ICP → cycles conversion rate moved from the registry to the cycles minting canister but there was a delay in getting the required change out to the NNS Dapp.

Hopefully that proposal will pass soon at which point it should be woking again.


Yes, it is related to the move of the conversion rate from the registry to the cycles minting canister.
As @diegop said, it’s a front-end thing.

I just saw that the proposal to fix this got rejected…
@hpeebles, is a new proposal coming?

Yes. The new proposal is 35058.

1 Like

Looks like the new proposal was executed! So I went to check and now the NNS won’t load at all.
Screen Shot 2021-12-17 at 7.42.46 AM

Maybe it is mid-upgrade or something…?

1 Like

Thanks for reporting. I know team has been looking into this. Should be fixed soon.

1 Like

Should be fixed now. please let us know if you see any issues!

is it work now? i can’t get cycle rate now. can anyone help me?

url : Internet Computer Content Validation Bootstrap
then i add cycle.

It should . Let me check.

Just checked. Fix should be out very soon.

This proposal has the fix: Internet Computer Network Status

I can’t wait! :slight_smile: Is someone just going to vote and execute the proposal? Or do we have to wait another 24 hours?

Fix is now deployed. We had to revert the earlier release due to an issue with our current migration to Svelte - sorry for the delay!