Nfid/identity-kit not in Registry

Hello, I am following the documentation as per https://docs.nfid.one/identity-kit and the library doesn’t seem to exist? I also tried installing nfid/embed and i got an error for dependencies.

The package @nfid/embed requires @dfinity/agent version >=1.0.1 || <0.20.0-beta.0.
However, @dfinity/auth-client needs @dfinity/agent version ^0.21.4.

How can I adequately solve these dependency conflicts? using–legacy-peer-deps does not work.
Is there a more reliable library for integrating multiple wallets?

I don’t use those NFID libraries, and you should probably reach out to them directly. However, I just wanted to say that I agree with you: there is no @nfid/identity-kit or @nfid/identity-kit/react published on NPM.

If you search for “nfid” on NPM, those libraries are not listed: https://www.npmjs.com/search?q=nfid

Is there an alternative library to manage multiple wallet integrations? Or will i have to integrate each separately?

There are two actually, Artemsi and connect2ic

My preferred one is Artemis

IdentityKit is work in progress based on the ICRC-25 (and extensions) signer standards from the Identity & Authentication Working Group. These libraries (once completed) should allow interaction with all wallets on the IC that comply with the ICRC-25 standard (Currently NFID, Plug and others are actively implementing right now).

So in a bit more time, hopefully things will be generally available and standardized. For now I’d recommend using any existing multi wallet library or manually implementing each wallet :sweat_smile:

Do you have any examples implementing artemis?

Yes,

and in their github you can see how they’ve used Artemis

Adding a “Work in Progress & not yet publically available”’ flag to the documentation page might have avoided misunderstandings, just thinking out loud. :wink:

My apologies - you and everyone are correct that this is still a WIP. I’ll add that today/tomorrow. Thank you @peterparker.

FYI on progress:

• Thread started
  • Presentation scheduled for next wallet standards working group meeting June 4 at 16:00 UTC (calendar link in github
  • Will present: base standard, get_accounts, get_delegation, call_canister (these will enable 99% of most critical user interactions we see in other networks)
  • NFID Wallet will support the standards at launch
  • Oisy will also hopefully support the standards at launch
  • Internet Identity is prioritizing verifiable credentials support over conformance to standards, which seems to indicate we won’t see their support until late Q3
  • Plug might support them at launch, but likely not for some time since I haven’t yet seen them in the standards group
  • Stoic and AstroX ME seem to have been deprioritized and are unlikely to receive any updates
3 Likes

FYI @demali.icp version 0.0.0-alpha.7 released with support for:

• NFID Wallet (and its global principal wallet address)
  • Internet Identity
  • Plug
  • Stoic

Check out the demo:
https://demo.identitykit.xyz