Neuron management and security questions

Hi Dfinity community,

I’m curious to know if any information or documentation has been released on Neuron management.

• How do we interact with the neuron? Is there a list of possible operations?
  • Do we have to write our own software to interact with the neuron or will some sort of interface be provided?
  • Will we be able to change ownership of the neuron even if its ICP tokens are locked? I imagine this is very necessary functionality for security purposes… if keys are potentially compromised we need to be able to shift to a new secure set of keys. Companies have policies of creating new keys periodically whether or not there is reason to believe the originals have been compromised. I feel that this functionality should be available on day one.
  • Accordingly will we be able to control a neuron from a hardware wallet? Again I feel this functionality should be available on day one. I do not want to see the community targeted by malware.
3 Likes

Great points and questions mac, we’ll have more info and documentation coming on all of this. There will be an interface you can use to interact with them.

1 Like