Motoko Language Server not finding "Problems"

Thank you!Check dm me please

1 Like

In the past I was able to resolve those errors by opening the directory that contains the dfx.json with VSCode (the projects root directory).

1 Like

I guess it’s my directory structure

1 Like

@rvanasa Is there a way to tell the server to ignore certain files? I’d been calling my kusanagi files x.ku.mo so I get basic highlighting, but obviously the language server isn’t going to like them.

Maybe a better approach would be telling VS Studio to highlight .ku files as .mo files, but I’m not sure how to do that either. :joy:

1 Like

Here’s a brand new VS Code extension with syntax highlighting for Kusanagi (including the new keywords):

@DanielXMoore, feel free to take this source code and run with it! You can use the Motoko VS Code extension as reference for implementing compiler errors.

The issue is maybe back for me. I am now using the version v0.4.4 of the plugin and it does detect type checking issue (figure 1) but, it does not detect any errors in my actors (figure 2).

When I restart the language server or even the all VS Code, the plugin does not ask me to select the actor to debug anymore, I guess the issue is related?

Figure 1: I have created new types and when I use these, if some info are missing id displays me the error, that’s expected

Figure 2: on the contrary, in my actor e.g. if I use a variable not declared or if I incorrectly use a function (in following example function put takes two arguments not three) it does not display errors

1 Like

Ultimately the issue were detected but I first had to solve all other issues. This or the fact that I restarted VS Code meanwhile few times, not absolutely sure.

1 Like

I’ve found that I have to open the files. I like the old behavior of kicking a canister debug. It was predictable.

1 Like

Updated the extension to make type-checking work in a more predictable way.

@peterparker, this was apparently happening because the compiler limits the number of errors for each canister (rather than per individual file). This latest patch should fix the issue; otherwise, let me know and I’ll try to recreate your setup on my end.

1 Like