Mitigating NNS Power w/ Canister Data Exports

@borovan - I dream to clone the entire IC into IC-MEGA-XL_stable_diffusion.exe :smiling_face_with_tear:

Just kidding… or am I?

No, seriously though. I think this is functionality that has been placed on the back-burner for some time and is slowly ramping up to becoming a serious threat to all projects on the IC.

I am no longer actively developing on the IC so I’m approaching this from the perspective of someone who wants to continue using the IC. Also, as a developer, the NNS IC is the best positioned platform for building robust decentralized protocols, I want to continue to aid in its growth but I can’t in good faith until I feel confident we’re not going to get screwed… Trust, but verify. I’m verifying right now.

To be clear I’m advocating data exports by canister controllers. SNS projects will not be able to just exit unless they vote to do so. I think having the ability to exit will make the SNS an even more powerful tool outside of the IC by assuring the NNS remains aligned with the needs of the projects it’s protecting. Competition is good.

Moreover, even if someone did manage to clone the IC they’re be lacking all of the institutional knowledge the foundation has collected. It wouldn’t work. Now, whether or not this is a good thing is outside the scope of this discussion lol…

Also low-key can’t believe you forgot me already person who has remained active :sob:

5 Likes