Lost Internet Identity

Hello,

Lost my Internet Identity I created on 22nd December 2023. I read a few post here to try work it out. This seems to work, but I couldn’t find the :mag: icon next to the Internet Identity Anchors sparkline chart to expand it to a large chart. So am stuck here :frowning:

The IC dashboard has a chart that shows Internet Identity Anchors growth over time, which you can use to determine the anchors created during a specific time window.

• Go to the [home page ]
  • Click the :mag: icon next to the Internet Identity Anchors sparkline chart to expand it to a large chart.
  • Click the 1Y button under the chart to set the date range to one year.
  • Use the sliders under the chart to zoom the chart in to the dates you’re interested in.
  • Hover over the chart to see the total count of anchors at that time.
  • Add 10,000 to the number of anchors to get the anchor number (anchor numbers started at 10000).

Doing this, you can narrow the number of anchors created on 25 February 2022 down to a few hundred.

If you know a more narrow time window when the anchor was created, you can use the IC dashboard API to narrow it down further. For example, the following query is for Fri Feb 25 2022 20:00:00 GMT+0000 to Fri Feb 25 2022 21:00:00 GMT+0000 at 10-minute intervals:

Just plug in your start and end [UNIX timestamps ] and remember to add 10,000 to the returned numbers of anchors to convert to anchor numbers.

If someone could give me a range of numbers to try that were created on 22nd December 2023 that would be kindly appreciated.

3 Likes

Hi @Cryptonoods

On Dec 22, 2023 the Internet Identity numbers 2309393 to 2309979 were registered.

I hope this helps.

Btw. this data is still available on the dashboard. On the Internet Identities graph, first select 1 day (this selects the data resolution) and only after that select the desired date range (right most button).

Hi Frederick, really appreciate your help on this. I think I have found my internet Identity as 1 particular number I entered asks for my Chrome PIN which I enter but then the app page just stops working and none of the words like Continuie, Create New, Lost Access? don’t seem to work.

Things have stopped working ever since Google did an upgrade overnight a couple of weeks ago. I have tried using the Brave browser, but get the same results as using Chrome.

I’ve lost my passphrase also after saving it in a draft email. Any other ways I can access this?

On a side note, it would be soooo good if a crypto company came up with recoverable crypto based on ID. The only good thing about the banks is you can’t ever lose your money as long as you can prove who you are. I am a construction worker, I don’t siut on computers all day, so this isn’t easy to follow and keep up with.

1 Like

Could you elaborate on this part? It would be great if you could send screenshots of what you are seeing and ideally also the browser console log (it appears when pressing F12).
Maybe this is something we can fix.

Hi Frederik,

Thanks again for staying in touch. I am not online daily so please be patient with me.

I filmed a little video to show you what is happening, but I can’t upload it here, but I took a photo of the F12 page and it seems there are some issues. Whenever I try upload jpegs for you and press Reply a box pops up telling me I can’t embed a media item in a post. But all I am doing is clicking the little pic icon to attach the files? Do you have an email address I can send these to for you to look at?

When I clicked on the 2 Issues which I can see top right of the bottom section it says the following:

A form field element should have an id or name attribute
A form field element has neither an id nor a name attribute. This might prevent the browser from correctly autofilling the form.

To fix this issue, add a unique id or name attribute to a form field. This is not strictly needed, but still recommended even if you have an autocomplete attribute on the same element.

This doesn’t mean anything to me, but hopefully we can fix things : )

@Cryptonoods: Thanks! I have notified our support staff to help you out with the issues on sharing the information. Once I have the video / screenshot, I’ll see if there are issues we can fix.

Much appreciated, do you have an email address i can send the vid and screenshot to?

@frederikrothenberger

Please send a ticket to support@dfinity.org to troubleshoot the issue.

Thanks Ang it will be coming from cryptonoods@protonmail.com

Correction, it will be coming from my Gmail as the Video is 30MB.

noodstock@gmail.com