Launching Papyrs - a new open source, privacy-first, blogging platform on the IC

What if did that by accident? Is there a way to bring it back?

Yes. It is pretty easy to reproduce. You have to start typing something, then delete the text you’ve typed and repeat this multiple times.

I believe, it should be enough to just show a hint, like “Your session expired, BUT DON’T WORRY YOUR DOCUMENT HAS BEEN SAVED” :slight_smile:

Do what feels right to you. Even 4h would be much better (4 times better actually), IMO.

Great!

Nice!

Now it scrolls exactly to the last line. It would be nice if it could scroll a couple lines more just to save your eyes from staring to the bottom border of the monitor. This is a minor thing, I just feel like it could be better that way. You can ignore it if you feel like it.

Make a situation like this:

And press “Enter”. The empty list element will disappear, the last element will become a new separate list and the error message will appear.

Yes.

Looks like I just misunderstood this functionality. Nevermind, thanks!

Oh, okay. Yes, that makes sense.

Thanks a lot!

Awesome!

Yes. As soon as you type, the browser creates a paragraph. Delete characters and use the “+” action to add a title.

Maybe not that user friendly but at least possible :wink:

Ahhh that’s actually a tricky one. I think it is now solved by adding I small delay in the rich text editor . Done :white_check_mark:

The more I thought about it, the more I think it doesn’t make sense to clear the local edit data on automatic sign-out because it it happens, it means the user is actually currently editing the post. In addition, if user close the browser, then the data aren’t deleted neither.

So, long story short, I implemented what I suggested above:

• session delegation expires and automatic sign-out => local data are not cleared
  • if user explicitely sign-out (“with the sign-out button”) => then local data are cleared

Done :white_check_mark:

4 hours it is, done :white_check_mark:

Gotcha. Yeah I am happy to no ignore the feedback but skip it for now :wink:. I keep it in mind!

Thanks a lot for the details! Indeed that was a minor issue (:sweat_smile:). Solved :white_check_mark:

Right dash are not supported for published titles. Update the “warning” text accordingly. Done :white_check_mark:

Thanks again for the awesome feedback, it pushed Papyrs forward :pray:

Thanks again for quick reaction to my feedback. Great work!

1 Like

By the way, is there any way to see the stats of my article, e.g. views?
Also, a “like” button would also be a great addition.

right now, no. I also have absolutely no stat at the moment as well (per design), except the number of canisters

might probably come some day, likewise for the “like” button

1 Like

Doesn’t work for me :c
I’m not native, is backtick = ` ?

It worked on my machine with … a swiss french keyboard (only :man_facepalming:).

Not gonna lie, it was tricky to fix, took me some iterations today, but I think it should be good now. Tested on an us keyboard too.

it works as following:

• space + `
  • space + _
  • * + *

should toggle to code mark, italic or bold. the cursor is set within the newly created style so you shall then be able to write something in that style directly.

if you want to escape this particular style section, hit “right arrow” on the keyboard - after the section there is always an un-styled text section.

does not exactly work as slack for example, but once used to it, kind of handy in my opinion

e.g. if I type:

123 `456right arrow keyspace789

it results

123 456 789

1 Like

Hi @peterparker, any plans to build patreon-like subscription features? Premium content gated by nft ownership (or payment flow etc.). That seems to me an obvious powerful web3 use case?

1 Like

Good question @toysrtommy

On mid-long term, if I have the opportunity, I would like to offer some sort of premium features and rewards. Kind of finding a way to have a win-win situation for Papyrs but for the community and content creator as well. Therefore your ideas match well such inspiration I would say.

I also have to add that I am fan of the SNS idea. Giving over the control of the smart contracts, the governance and the tokenization would be really, really neat.

1 Like

There’s an issue with the page when the text overflows outside of the frame

1 Like

Of course I have set white spaces for link but not for link pasted as text :man_facepalming:

Thanks for the ping, will fix that begin of next week

1 Like

Thats some really good OpenGraph you have going there. Didn’t realize you could use a .png as a favicon

I probably inherited the favicon as png from https://realfavicongenerator.net/ - quite a handy tool

All my open graph, twitter meta etc. are defined there: papyrs/app.html at 25239120333acb82a617621e57ccc7db813abc56 · papyrs/papyrs · GitHub

For the webmanifest I like to add maskable icons since both purposes can be mixed. I use https://maskable.app/ to double check that my icons fit all sizes.

My manifest is there btw.: papyrs/manifest.webmanifest at 25239120333acb82a617621e57ccc7db813abc56 · papyrs/papyrs · GitHub

I generally also add sitemap.xml, rss.xml and robots.txt

2 Likes

Ha and my social image has a size of 1200x628px

Don’t remember exactly where I read it and if it’s still actual, but somehow remember seeing a tweet telling it’s the size that fits the best

1 Like

webmanifest I believe is for PWAs? I need to test this on your app.

Yes for PWA but kind of think that browsers might read the file if present also if not a PWA when the user would install the website on mobile devices’ home screen. I might be wrong though but just in case, I always add a manifest :smile:

1 Like