Introducing IDgeek - Identity Anchor Marketplace

Great idea, I was looking for this for a while. Put my Anchor 10002 on sale today :smiley:

I can give you few icps

1 Like

I am opposed to similar sales and purchases. This is actually a loophole. The value of voting rights is underestimated in disguise. Some people with ulterior motives can buy or even borrow voting rights at a low price to happen something we don’t want to see

1 Like

No, I don’t work for anyone, I bought ICP, I will only be responsible for myself! I will object to any behavior that harms ICP

2 Likes

Totally against buying and selling neurons. It has to be something outside of dfinity… :x: :x: :x:

I will be pleased to tell you that Dfinity is not behind the selling of neuron and are not wasting ressources on it ( unless they want to prevent it, which I think is bad )

I listed my internet identity with 11300 ICP for sale: IDgeek - Internet Identity Marketplace

1 Like

You still own the neuron if purchased but there should be a measure in place to properly address how this poses a security risk to someone gathering large amounts of voting power and using this power in aggregate to harm future governance.Why else would someone by a neuron other than for voting power? It can’t be for the ICP or assets listed because you can just buy those on your own. While it may be costly to try and take over the network it’s not completely impossible. What would stop a large player, say a competitor, from slowly gathering neurons over time to centralize votes, if not to otherwise use them maliciously? I think it’s significant enough to need to be addressed.

I think a way to perhaps implement this penalty is that purchased neurons through a marketplace should be delayed the use of voting power in one of a 3 ways.

1. equal to the total dissolve delay that was intially set which as we know is at least 6 months

2. a static delay of use that is determined through a proposal

3. an equation that takes into account amount of ICP in the neuron, dissolve delay, and age bonus at the time of sale.

This way this marketplace is not completely eliminated, as I believe people should be able to trade their neurons if the wish, but is also handled in a way that preserves the security of the IC.

:rocket: Introducing a new feature! Buy and sell individual SNS Neurons on IDgeek! :rocket:

Sell SNS Neurons in 3 simple steps:

1. Transfer Internet Identity with linked SNS Neurons to IDgeek Smart Contract.
  2. Unlink SNS Neurons to make them separate assets.
  3. Transfer Internet Identity back to your device if necessary.

After unlinking, SNS Neurons appear on “My Assets” page and can be either
sold on IDgeek or transferred to another NNS/ICDEX account.

P.S. SNS Neuron also can be transferred directly from ICDEX.

3 Likes

In the IC network, the voting rights of NNS are private property of individuals. In classical economics, private property and liberalism (the freedom of conservatism) based on the premise of not infringing on the private property of others are the innate rights of civilized people, and only in this way can the economy prosper and develop. The igeek market is very great and innovative, and it makes up for the stagnation of Dfinity’s work in this area.

Selling neurons at a discount is already a punishment for individuals’ property and freedom by the market. Why does the entire network governance still have the right to override the market and continue to punish these unsuccessful investors with fines (taxes)? The economics of IC should not violate the private property and trading freedom of individuals.

I am glad to see that the Dfinity developers are encouraging this igeek market. I have been in the IC network for almost two years. Although I have never sold or will not sell NNS neurons in the future, I have always hoped to see this neuron trading market earlier. Thank you to the great developer @alexeychirkov

2 Likes

The real wep3 is that the user can do whatever he wants. idgeek is a very successful project, I would like to see you again soon with much better features. I hope the next feature will be to sell our nns’ special locked neurons separately.

1 Like

The heated discussion about the project smoothly transitioned into a new thread. Just for your information, in case anyone is interested in the fate of this project.

3 Likes