Increase adoption through changes in community management

I think people would understand an “empty” office during corona. There will always be someone complaining but I think any sign of life is better than none :stuck_out_tongue:

But photos was just one of the many examples/options. I think posting some form of dev-diary would also be nice for anyone following the project but who can’t read each and every forum post. e.g.: “this is what the team has been working on this week-or-month”.

I thought it would be possible to see which canisters are consuming cycles/ICP vs which ones are idle. Wouldn’t that already give some broad insight into what is happening? Because for anyone watching from the outside, the cool part is to see the cycles-consumption going up over time.

Thank you, this is very nice: Suche | Kanton Zürich

I had found government pages proving that dfinity exists, but in this PDF it mentions the size of the company etc. I wish this type of information was made available in more places. Thank you for sharing!

That makes sense, yes.

I understand what you are saying, but it feels like you think I am asking for very specific data. I was expecting just something like:

• this month x new ICP were mined;
  • of those, y% went to node-providers, z% went to stakers, y% went to early investors;

I talked with the dev from IC.rocks asking him to add these metrics to the webpage, but he said this data was not available for him (I don’t remember the exact terms he used). I think this would be useful so we stop getting posts from people saying “dfinity is hiding all these tokens that are being sent to early investors”, changing the positioning to “yes, this is how token distribution is working, and it is correct, legal and transparent”. Does that make sense?

And I hope the team also considers some of the other ideas I gave in this post, since they are not tied to these metrics alone. Especially the part about asking funding-receivers to also post regular content (like development-diaries) that dfinity can share/publicize somewhere. This way, it doesn’t take time from the dfinity team and at the same time shows strength in the project.

Really nice to hear the thoughts from someone that is at Dfinity, thanks for joining :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Check out the Total Rewards Chart on the IC Dashboard Circulation page. There you can see the exact amount of ICP rewards over time, broken down as:

1. Undisbursed Rewards: Voting rewards that are still in the form of maturity, that haven’t been minted to ICP yet.
  2. Disbursed Rewards: Voting rewards that have been minted to ICP.
  3. Node Provider Rewards

The dashboard doesn’t break out the voting rewards of early investors. That’s something that the community can do, since the data is publicly available. Both @Kyle_Langham (Kyle Langham | Substack) and @wang (https://cycledao.xyz/posts/deobfuscating-genesis-accounts) have done excellent data analysis of the GTC neurons of seed investors and early contributors.

5 Likes

I have read your critique throughly. None of the stuff you are asking for Dfinity to do is standard practice within the Crypto industry.

None of the big projects do any documentary of employees working or keeping a public diary of what teams are working on to prove that they exist.

The only thing I believe matter tangible evidence that Dfinity is building ICP to be the most powerful general purpose Blockchain in the world. Already there are unique apps built on ICP that proves the network capabilities to build decentralized software as claimed. I advocate for as much transparency as possible but going above and beyond to prove ICP existence will only reinforce the fud about ICP.

That is very true, which is why I see it as an opportunity to do better than those other projects, wouldn’t you agree?