ICP's competitors: Another player coming after AO ---- Quilibrium

As expected, ICP has more and more competitors in the field of general computing. AO has just been launched, and now another strong competitor Quilibrium has come.
After a quick look at the relevant introduction, Quilibrium and ICP are similar in some aspects. This is the advantage of the latecomer. It can learn from the successful parts of the former and improve the failed parts, such as token distribution and network architecture. This is also the reason why we say latecomers are more likely to succeed.
In an article, the author compared ICP with Quilibrium as a failure case. This may frustrate the ICP community.
I hope the @dfinity team can study Quilibrium to see if there are any parts that can be borrowed from ICP.

quilibrium.pdf

Please provide the link; I would like to find out more about the project.

It’s great to see new projects emerging that are trying to solve verifiable general computation and not just be limited to token databases supporting limited token interaction.

ICP has an advantage as a first mover in the field, and hopefully, we will see some innovative solutions from competitors that ICP can also adopt.

1 Like

Quilibrium

1 Like

What did it actually improve? I am not surprised to see other projects trying to play the world computer narrative. Most will be just token churners. I don’t see anything impressive about this project reading the whitepaper.

1 Like