Ic code dump incomplete?

I get this error message when trying to build replica (well, drun to be precise, but should be the same):

Compiling ic-replicated-state v0.8.0 (/build/rs/replicated_state)
error[E0432]: unresolved import `ic_registry_subnet_features`
 --> replicated_state/src/metadata_state.rs:6:5
  |
6 | use ic_registry_subnet_features::SubnetFeatures;
  |     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ use of undeclared crate or module `ic_registry_subnet_features`

error[E0283]: type annotations needed
   --> replicated_state/src/metadata_state.rs:304:79
    |
304 |             own_subnet_features: item.own_subnet_features.unwrap_or_default().into(),
    |                                  ---------------------------------------------^^^^--
    |                                  |                                            |
    |                                  |                                            cannot infer type for type parameter `U`
    |                                  this method call resolves to `T`
    |
    = note: cannot satisfy `_: From<SubnetFeatures>`
    = note: required because of the requirements on the impl of `Into<_>` for `SubnetFeatures`

error: aborting due to 2 previous errors

Some errors have detailed explanations: E0283, E0432.
For more information about an error, try `rustc --explain E0283`.
error: could not compile `ic-replicated-state`

Is the open source dumping missing the new(?) crate ic_registry_subnet_features? @basvandijk maybe?

2 Likes

May I bump this? It’s not good when the published code is incomplete (and it hinders the Motoko team as well).

@claudio can you maybe ping Bas or who else is currently working on the open source code extraction script?

2 Likes

Thanks for the ping. Claudio bumped this up internally.

1 Like

Apparently, the missing crate has been re-added and will be out with the next RC.

It seems that https://github.com/dfinity/ic still doesn’t have that fix, and also none of the other code changes since September 16. Did something slip through the cracks?

2 Likes

Hello guys,

I’m still facing the same issue,
is there any fix?

I will ping the team. Sorry for the delay, @ayazgv

We’re really close to open-sourcing the entire IC repo, so this problem will be a history pretty soon.
In the meantime, I’ll update the existing repo GitHub - dfinity/ic: Internet Computer blockchain source: the client/replica software run by nodes with the latest version deployed to the NNS subnet, as soon as the new revision is pushed to it.

6 Likes

I see new commits in dfinity/ic! Whoohoo!
I wasn’t able to check if they build now, yet, though.

1 Like