Fetch_canister_logs 400 subnet_not_found bad request on mainnet

Looks great, thanks for the heads-up!

Are you absolutely sure the feature is not on mainnet? The proposal #127461 contains the feature:

Execution,Runtime: Add fetch_canister_logs stub to the management canister API

itā€™s not available on application subnets, even if the feature has been merged. Also, my fix is merged and will be in the next release.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback and, looking forward to next release!

Tried with last version of agent-js, the error message has been improved, which is clear now.

Cannot fetch logs. | Call failed: Canister: aaaaa-aa Method: fetch_canister_logs (query) ā€œStatusā€: ā€œrejectedā€ ā€œCodeā€: ā€œCanisterErrorā€ ā€œMessageā€: ā€œIC0504: fetch_canister_logs API is not enabled on this subnetā€

1 Like

this feature is not enabled for mainnet, see flag and is going to be available in DFX local run first.

I assumed it was live on mainnet because the related proposal didnā€™t specify that it wasnā€™t active, and I also naively assumed it had little value being deployed only locally therefore assumed that it should had been proposed for mainnet.

Thanks for pointing the flag; I should enable it in my Docker image.

I guess no but, do we already have an ETA for proposing to activate this on mainnet?

I guess no but, do we already have an ETA for proposing to activate this on mainnet?

thereā€™s no specific ETA at the moment, some implementation work still have to be done and DFX integration.

we may also want to hear some dev feedback from local dfx usage experience and only then decide on enabling it on mainnet.

It would be cool not only to tailor this for dfx users but also for developers on the IC in general. For example, I donā€™t use dfx.

However, I have implemented the feature in Juno. Iā€™m happy to provide feedback or quickly implement any features if interested. Let me know.

1 Like