Enquiry: How many Terabytes of Data is DFINITY hosting on AWS?

Let me preface this by saying, I understand there are multiple reasons why any organization would need to use AWS. It’s obviously heavily used by almost anyone in the web space and has a ton of use cases.

With that said, in my opinion, it doesn’t “look” good when a foundation uses a company/service they are directly competing against. When I (as a user/non-developer) see marketing material saying the IC can do everything AWS can do, but better, and then see the foundation who is promoting the IC using AWS, it makes me wonder “Why aren’t they using their own service if it’s so great?”

Like I said, I understand there can be any number of reasons, technical and non-technical why this may be occurring. I think ICP tech is awesome and am trying to use it whenever/wherever I can. But again, as a layperson, it doesn’t make the foundation “look” like they are willing to put their money where their mouth is and dump AWS to use their own product if it has all the capabilities of AWS right now. Just my opinion.

12 Likes