Connecting 'My Canisters' to Ledger Nano in NNS

Simple question really. In the ‘My Canisters’ tab of the NNS, I’d like to use the principal of my hardware wallet (instead of ‘main’) and can’t find a way to do this.

I acknowledge all the same functions could be done with the CLI tool if need be, but NNS app support would be helpful: GitHub - dfinity/hardware-wallet-cli: A CLI to interact with the Internet Computer App on Ledger Nano S/X devices.

If not possible, this builds on my feature requests for better hardware support (for founders who must assume their pc is always compromised when working with other devs and large treasuries): Limited II Security for Adding PassKeys (Feature Request)

I can confirm that creating a canister on nns dapp from a hardware wallet is currently not supported:

I agree it would be nice but it probably won’t make it to the top of the priority list any time soon.

One thing I can suggest is that if you create the canister through another way first, you can add it as a linked canister. Then you can top it up from your main account, which might be more acceptable since it won’t be a controller so there is less at risk.

Sorry I don’t have anything better at the moment.

1 Like