Community motion: Emergency unlock for neurons - 神经元紧急解锁

Motion Proposal

The Internet Computer is an adaptive blockchain, which supports sophisticated protocol economics through intelligent decentralized governance. We propose a new feature that will enable a neuron holder to perform an “emergency unlock” to release locked ICP, according to special mechanisms and parameters set by the NNS that prevent a flood of ICP being accidentally released.

MOTIVATION

The Internet Computer’s NNS represents the most sophisticated on-chain governance system ever developed. Its liquid democracy structure is exceptionally suited to the rapidly evolving crypto environment. However, this design may result in a divergence of vision and priorities between some stakers and the NNS over time. Additionally, the network’s security parameters require that these stakes remain illiquid for an extended period, often up to 8 years. Therefore, we propose to implement an emergency unlock mechanism for neurons in order to harmonize these interests and to increase the security of the network over the long term.

SPECIFICATION

1. Emergency Unlock Maximum
In any given period (for example a week), a maximum volume of locked ICP can be released from neurons by emergency dissolve actions. This is called the “Emergency Unlock Maximum.” This value is set by the NNS, and can be updated by proposals at any time, for example according to market conditions.

2. Emergency Unlock Bids
Unlocking neurons comes at costs to the neuron holders, requiring them to burn a portion of the stake. During any given period, the volume of ICP that neuron holders wish to emergency unlock might exceed the Emergency Unlock Maximum. Therefore, neuron holders wishing to emergency unlock their ICP, must bid to make use of the available capacity, by submitting “Emergency Unlock Bids.” Bids are submitted for specific neurons. This involves specifying how much of the ICP that will be emergency unlocked will be burned.

Bid {
UnlockAmount // how much you wish to unlock
BurnOffer // what percentage the system can burn
NeuronId
}

In order to submit an unlock bid, one needs to be the controller of the neuron.

3. Bid Scoring
An “bid score” is calculated by dividing the “burn percentage” by the dissolve delay multiplier which is the boost in voting power (and thus voting rewards) that the neuron receives due to its dissolve delay. The overall idea is that neurons with longer dissolve delays should be subject to a higher burn percentage. Recall that the dissolve delay multiplier is a linear function of the dissolve delay: dissolve delay multiplier = 1 + (dissolve delay in years) / 8. Hence the dissolve delay multiplier has values between 1.0625 (for 0.5 years dissolve delay) and 2 (for 8 years dissolve delay). For the determination of the bid score the neuron “age” is ignored.

4. Stack Ranking Bids
The bids are stack ranked in order of decreasing bid score. Starting from the highest bid score, the available capacity defined by the current Emergency Unlock Maximum, is assigned to the bidders, until no more capacity is available (the last successful bidder might only have part of their bid satisfied).

5. Minimum burn penalty
Given this is meant to be an emergency measure, there should be a minimum burn penalty of 25%.

6. Handling of staked maturity
Staked maturity can be unlocked in the same way as staked ICP and is subject to usual maturity modulation in addition to the burn penalty.

Perceived benefits

Neuron holders are able to unlock in extraordinary circumstances. The ICP ecosystem benefits from the unlock due to the burning of ICP tokens (deflationary measure). On the other hand there might be short-term negative impact on the ICP price. This should be controlled by the Emergency Unlock Maximum.

EXAMPLE

INPUT:

Emergency Unlock Maximum: 40k ICP

Person 1:

Bid:

• UnlockAmount: 80k
  • BurnOffer: 50%

Referenced neuron:

• Staked: 100k
  • Dissolve delay: 3 years

=> Dissolve delay multiplier: 1.375 (=1 + 3/8)
=> Bid score: 36% (= 50% / 1.375)

Person 2

Bid:

• UnlockAmount: 40k
  • BurnOffer : 25%

Referenced neuron:

• Stake: 60k
  • Dissolve delay: 1.5 years

=> Dissolve delay multiplier: 1.1875 (= 1 + 1.5/8)

=> Bid score: 21% (= 25% / 1.1875)

Person 3

Bid:

• UnlockAmount: 100k
  • BurnOffer : 75%

Referenced neuron:

• Stake: 100k
  • Dissolve delay: 5 years

=> Dissolve delay multiplier: 1.625 (= 1 + 5/8)

=> Bid score: 46% (= 75% / 1.625)

Result

• The bid from person 3 has highest priority and is processed with the full amount. The full neuron with a stake of 100k ICP is unlocked of which 75k is burned and 25k is released. 15k (=40-25) ICP is left for unlocking further neurons.
  • The bid from person 1 has the second highest priority and is partially unlocked. 30k ICP (out of a requested unlock amount of 80k) is unlocked of which 15k is burned and 15k is released. 70k ICP (= 100k - 30k) remains locked in the neuron. No ICP is left for unlocking further neurons.
  • The bid from person 2 cannot be processed.
11 Likes

为 NNS 添加紧急解锁神经元方法

提案概要:

互联网计算机是一种能够自我调整的区块链,它通过智能的去中心化治理来实现复杂协议经济。ICPLeague 尝试提出了一个新功能,让神经元持有者在紧急情况下可以解锁他们的 ICP。这个功能有一些特殊的机制和参数,以防止大量 ICP 被意外释放出来。

互联网计算机的 NNS 代表了有史以来最先进的链上治理系统。其流动民主结构非常适应快速发展的加密货币环境。然而,这种设计可能会导致一些持有人和 NNS 在时间推移下的愿景和优先事项发生分歧。此外,网络的安全参数要求这些权益在很长一段时间内保持非流动性,通常长达8年。

因此,我们建议实施紧急解锁神经元机制,以协调这些利益并增加网络在长期内的安全性。

具体规定

1. 紧急解锁最大限额

在某个特定时期(比如一周),神经元最多能释放多少锁定的 ICP,这个数额叫“紧急解锁最大限额”。NNS 设定了这个值,可以根据市场情况随时进行调整。

2. 紧急解锁竞标

解锁神经元需要持有者付出一些代价,也就是要燃烧掉一部分 ICP。在某个特定时期,神经元持有者想要紧急解锁的 ICP 可能超过了紧急解锁最大限额。所以,想要紧急解锁 ICP 的持有者需要通过提交“紧急解锁竞标”来争夺可用的额度。竞标是针对特定神经元的,需要说明要解锁多少 ICP,以及其中有多少将被燃烧掉。

竞标格式如下:

{

解锁金额 //想要解锁的数额

燃烧报价 //系统可以燃烧的百分比

神经元 ID

}

要提交解锁竞标,你需要是神经元的控制者。

3. 竞标评分

“竞标得分”是将“燃烧百分比”除以“溶解延迟乘数”来计算的,这个“溶解延迟乘数”表示神经元因溶解延迟而获得的投票权(以及投票奖励)的提升。

总体思路是,等待解锁时间久的神经元,应承受更高的燃烧百分比。请记住,“溶解延迟乘数”是溶解延迟的线性函数:溶解延迟倍增器 = 1 + (溶解延迟(以年为单位)/ 8)。

因此,“溶解延迟乘数”的值在 1.0625(0.5 年溶解延迟)和 2(8 年溶解延迟)之间。

在确定竞标得分时,忽略神经元的“年龄”。

4. 排名竞标

竞标按照竞标得分递减的顺序进行排名。从最高的竞标得分开始,将当前紧急解锁最大值定义的可用容量分配给竞标者,直到没有更多的容量可用(最后一个成功的竞标者可能只能满足他们竞标的一部分)。

5. 最低燃烧惩罚
考虑到这是一种紧急措施,应有 25% 的最低燃烧惩罚。

6. 处理锁定的成熟度
锁定的成熟度可以与锁定的 ICP 以相同的方式解锁,并受到通常的成熟度调节以及燃烧惩罚。 感知的好处 在特殊情况下,神经元持有者可以解锁。由于 ICP 代币的燃烧(通缩措施),ICP 生态系统从解锁中受益。另一方面,可能会对 ICP 价格产生短期负面影响。这应该由紧急解锁最大值来控制。

好处

神经元持有人能够在特殊情况下快速解锁,但需要燃烧 ICP。由于 ICP 代币的燃烧,ICP 产生通缩,ICP 生态系统从解锁中获益(通货紧缩措施)。为了避免紧急解锁对 ICP 价格产生短期的负面影响,应该由对每日的紧急解锁上限来控制。

这也能让与网络长期利益不一致的搭车者及时退出,从而为系统引入更多的利益一致者 。

举例说明

输入

紧急解锁上限: 40k ICP

用户1

出价:

• 解锁金额: 80k
  • 烧毁燃烧: 50%

参照神经元:

• 质押:100k
  • 溶解延迟: 3年

=> 解散延迟乘数: 1.375 (=1 + 3/8)

=> 竞价得分: 36% (=50% / 1.375)

用户2

出价:

• 解锁金额: 40k
  • 烧毁燃烧 : 25%

参照神经元:

• 质押:60k
  • 解除延迟: 1.5年

=> 解散延迟乘数: 1.1875 (= 1 + 1.5/8)

=> 竞价得分:21% (=25% / 1.1875)

用户3

出价:

• 解锁金额: 100k
  • 烧毁燃烧 : 75%

参照神经元:

• 质押:100k
  • 解除延迟: 5年

=> 解散延迟倍数: 1.625 (= 1 + 5/8)

=> 竞价得分:46% (= 75% / 1.625)

结果

第3个人的出价具有最高的优先权,并被全额处理。拥有100k ICP的全额神经元被解锁,其中75k被烧掉,25k被释放。 剩下15000(=40-25)ICP用于解锁更多的神经元。
第1人的出价具有第二高的优先权,并被部分解锁。30k ICP(要求的解锁量为80k)被解锁,其中15k被烧掉,15k被释放。70k ICP (= 100k - 30k) 仍然锁定在神经元中。没有ICP用于解锁更多的神经元。
第2人的投标不能被处理。

6 Likes

Could you please develop a bit more the calculus ? Were does this 40 or 25 comes from ?

Thank you

If the 8-year law can be changed at will, then the ICP token symbol can also be changed to ICP2 at will

1 Like

To make an analogy, if you have an 8-year fixed deposit in the bank and you want to cancel the interest and withdraw the principal, what do you think these people want to do?

I am against any move to make commitments, here are II account sales

This is a really good idea. Some people will say oh it’ll be bad for ICP price. Nah not really because we’re countering with a person urn and decreasing ICP supply making your holdings more valuable over time. If there’s a dip people will buy. Someone else might say well don’t lock ICP up with money you might need. I’m sorry to say it but even the most responsible person isn’t immune to real life happening sometimes. Sometimes things happen that you had no control over and there’s that. In my opinion this makes me more bullish on ICP and would love to see the community get excited over big sporadic burns. We’d even have a burn twitter or something on the ICP dashboard showing big burns so people can shout them out lets s way to celebrate. All in all this is the best proposal I’ve seen so far and should be implemented asap.

3 Likes

I agree with this opinion. People who are left with ICP think that even if they did an 8 year neuron lock, they should have the ability to give some penalties and unlock it immediately.
Try voting for all members to see if there are many people investing eight years with unchanging beliefs or if they should be forced to have eight unwanted years.

Also I know there’s a new marketplace to sell anchors but I don’t like that because then you’re obligated to sell your log in for all dapps.

2 Likes

If so, should evil laws never be fixed and remain evil for the rest of your life? Then it doesn’t fit the purpose of decentralization either. That’s why there’s a majority vote.

There’s no reason to vote this down unless you have no feelings lol this makes so much sense I made an account to comment my opinions

2 Likes

That’s the point of a government. We vote. Things evolve.

So when will this be on the NNS

I’m all for this, would this also impact the rewards? Would the remaining neurons receive a higher share of the rewards?

Even ETH doesn’t force locking up your ETH for so long. A decent penalty for long term stakers seems apt.

1 Like

Don’t be tempted by petty profits, there are risks involved, and you don’t realize that this is not a suggestion for the good development of ICP, on the contrary it will hurt it

People would be taking Ls not profits by doing this. Imagine someone had locked money and someone in real life died and they had to pay their mortgage.

I’m sure most Fudders are long-term ICP holders with long-term investments, not other communities. Because of Neuron, who is stuck in a long time of eight years, he’s paying high interest to the bank every month. This is much higher than the reward from Neuron.

1 Like

You are a kind person! But the law is not! We follow the blockchain law so we can gather. If someone speculates or changes the law through loopholes, this will cause someone to leave. I believe you are all for the better ICP, but the law is the law and cannot be changed!

No I’m all for this! This needs to happen!

1 Like

We are growing! Check out the link on my Twitter

1 Like