I’ve been developing an AssemblyScript CDK for the IC and have put together some examples for how to use it.
If anyone who is excited about DFINITY has interested in AssemblyScript I would appreciate checking out my repos and attempting to run my examples. I currently develop on a Mac so a lot of the instructions I have cater to Mac users. WABT is required, which can be brew installed, to make modifications to the WAT to fit DFINITY nuances.
You can view the source of cdk-as here
AssemblyScript has its limitations and I suggest checking out its quirks
I would like to point out that the Rust CDK and Motoko are light years ahead of the AS CDK, things like cross canister calls and a proper way of doing storage have not made its way into the current release.
- Int/Nat are arbitrary length integers and currently there is no library in assemblyscript, so you must use Int8/16/32/64
- Cross canister calls have not been completed yet.
- Recursive types or Cyclical types
- Not all AS types can be Nullable
- Web/Assets, technically it can support these, but I have not found a simple way to ship didc into the CLI
What examples would you like to see?