Announcing "Token Standard" as topic of the first meeting of the Ledger & Tokenization Working Group

Slides aren’t linked.

They should be now, you can find them at https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1cqxUhDbudI6aUmz4aJPSXvXpaM-TA4Cp1aWsomr0FwU

Also very interested in being able to participate!
Missed it also because of the issues with the invitations.

Thanks for your efforts here to give everyone the opportunity to participate! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Happy to join with the Psych crew!

Thanks everyone. I think we have enough people. I’ve added a new Ledger & Tokenization working group meeting for Tuesday at 6pm. I added to the calendar. See you there!

Mario, can you relink where this calendar is?

Sure, you can find the event calendar here.

Maybe I’m looking at the wrong place, or maybe google calendar is doing something funny. Is there a meeting tomorrow? This link just points to one that is “every second Tuesday of the month” and doesn’t schedule a meeting for tomorrow.

Event calendar for today’s event

Also try here:

zoom link to enter: Launch Meeting - Zoom

Hey guys, Next meeting is tommorow 10 may 5 pm CET. The calendar event can be found here. Zoom link is here. Please update your calendars.

Guys, why are we giving people just one day’s notice for the meeting? This will not boost participation.

We are doing this meeting every next tuesday. It was announced before. Posted links again to remind people to join.

1 Like

You can find notes and slides here Technical working group - Ledger&Tokenization 12 Apr 2022 internal - Google Slides

Hi everyone, thanks for joining the last meeting of the working group.

As follow up, I’ve created a shared document here about the IC Ledger Standard. Everyone can contribute to the document by adding comments and discussing about proposed ideas.

Please have a read to the document and think about:

• What is missing or too much for a minimum standard?
  • What else do you want in a minimal standard?

The document will be used as starting point for the next session. We will go through each comment and try to find a common ground about the proposed feature or whether that feature should not be part of the standard.

The next session with be the Thu 19th of May. We will send out the invite soon.

Thanks again everyone.

2 Likes

This is something that seems like it should have been formulated before the ICP launch, but better late than never. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

Thanks for joining today. We have setup a chat for the working group @ DFINITY DEV OFFICIAL and we are going to speed up the discussion around the token standard by having sessions bi-weekly. Next meeting will be Tue 24 May at 5pm 6̶p̶m̶ ̶(̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶5̶p̶m̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶t̶i̶c̶i̶p̶a̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶o̶v̶e̶r̶l̶a̶p̶p̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶m̶e̶e̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶@̶ ̶D̶f̶i̶n̶i̶t̶y̶)̶ and it will focused on address format.

Best

EDIT: due to a conflict with a community conversation we have restored the time back to 5pm.

2 Likes

Hi again, we have decided to close the meeting for Ledger&Tokenization to avoid further intrusions. We need to collect the email of the people that want to participate to the meeting next Friday. Can you please fill this form and share it around? Thank you :).

hi everyone,
tomorrow we are going to discuss about payments with the various standard. I’ll present the one using the ICP Ledger but it would be nice to do the same with the existing standards. This should help the community to understand pros/cons of each payment flow. Ideally we want one payment flow for the community-driven standard. It should be easy to support and work well within the context of the IC.
I cannot stress enough how important it is that we get to know each standard before we make a decision. The payment flow can make or break a token standard on the IC. So please spend some time tomorrow with us to talk about the flow you had in mind.

3 Likes