Zero Pulse (Oracle) Proposal

I am applying for a $5k Developer Grant.

Please review my application and discuss! See DFINITY’s directions for becoming a registered reviewer . They will be collected by DFINITY. When one week passes, DFINITY will release them and they will appear as a new section on this post.

Please review my application and discuss! If you would like to submit an official review, then please use the links below to register, see the rubric, and submit a review.

I’m looking forward to everyone’s input!

Reviewer Registration | Submit a Review

MY APPLICATION:

REVIEWS:

1 Like

Hey @chris-chris,

The review has been made public. Could you please explain why this project is valuable for ICP given there are HTTPS Outcalls and the Exchange Rate Canister?

The Zero Pulse Oracle project has distinct advantages over existing solutions such as HTTPS Outcalls and the Exchange Rate Canister. Here’s why it adds value to the Internet Computer Protocol (ICP):

1. Data Quality: HTTPS Outcall is a method to access data from external sources, but it does not inherently guarantee high data quality. Zero Pulse, as an Oracle, prioritizes the quality of the data it fetches. This is achieved through:

• Data Freshness: Zero Pulse ensures that data is refreshed frequently, providing near-real-time information. This is crucial in a fast-paced environment where outdated data can lead to erroneous decisions.
  • Advanced Pricing Algorithm: The Oracle employs a sophisticated pricing algorithm that processes raw data to produce more accurate and refined results.

2. Various Data Sources: While HTTPS Outcalls can access data from external sources, Zero Pulse’s approach is unique due to its diversity of data sources. By pulling information from a wider range of sources, the Oracle can:

• Increase Reliability: By sourcing from multiple points, Zero Pulse reduces the risk of relying on a single source, enhancing the reliability of the data.
  • Cross-Verification: Multiple sources allow for cross-verification, ensuring that the data aligns across different platforms, thus providing a more robust dataset.

Thank you for the comment!

The application has been declined, as it’s still not clear what the advantages are. All mentioned advantages can be also achieved using HTTPS outcalls, and many of them have been implemented in the Exchange Rate Canister.