we are happy to announce that voting is now open for a new IC release .
The NNS proposal is here: IC NNS Proposal 116135.
Here is a summary of the changes since the last release:
- [8f6621f7f] Consensus: chore: use update elected replica versions proposal internally
- [31afaba26] Crypto: chore: truncate tree debug output on deep trees
- [c58765ac8] Execution: chore: Limit length of derivation path in ecdsa releated management requests
- [c8f3c400c] Execution: feat: Implement is_controller system api
- [2ad9772ed] Execution: feat: Add drun config to specify the instruction limit
- [60ef2e1c4] Message Routing: feat: Chunking the manifest in state sync
- [3d00556d2] Message Routing: Count “plugged in” leaves upon pruning witness
- [ec7c25869] Message Routing: chore: Remove remaining bitcoin files from disk
- [6315df51d] Message Routing: improvement: Allow use of canister_states for pruning ingress history
- [e879f768c] Networking/Node: Add a validation to prevent the change of SevStatus.
- [2342b22eb] Networking: Add jq dependency to guestos
- [4704ac6d5] Networking: [Onchain Observability] Compute delta between non-sampled metrics from report start and report end.
- [9d9d84373] Networking: [Onchain Observability] Enable adapter config overrides via boostrap script
- [59e2a2951] Networking: [Onchain Observability] Sampling and non-sampling error handling for missing data
- [1455d3dc0] Networking: [Onchain Observability] Spawn gRPC server before the sleep statement and switch uptime% to sample from connection_state instead of flow_state
- [de4f3b8b5] Networking: [Onchain Observability] Use find API to check whether canister contains block data
- [15c1f29d4] Networking: chore: Don’t pass in an optional registry_certified_time_reader when it is actually required.
- [48dfa71cb] Networking: chore: Remove the dependency of the EcdsaPool inside the artifact manager
- [58df5d9d1] Networking: chore: clean up the construction of the IC stack
- [36ba60fba] Networking: chore: delete the AdvertDestination and AdvertSendRequest types
- [76ccbe7f9] Networking: chore: merge the the gossip_pool.rs into artifact_pool.rs and make the networking-team owners of the artifact_pool interface
- [cb07c1e0a] Networking: chore: remove the peer index module
- [0e33a7935] Networking: chore: rename ArtifactPoolDescriptor to PriorityFnAndFilterProducer and move it under rs/artifact_pool.rs
- [4e24d0894] Networking: feat: add a remove method to the MutablePool trait
- [47262429a] Node: Clean up icos folders
- [a7299e4d7] Node: Fix kernel panic caused by old SNP host kernel
- [1bee46bd0] Runtime: Introduce an explicit limit for number of slices in DTS
- [1945f57c0] Runtime: Print help about ENOMEM error
- [c798391c7] Runtime: Upgrade wasmtime to version 6.0.1
- Various tech-debt management: code refactoring, docs, bug fixes, test updates
To build and verify the IC-OS disk image, run:
# From https://github.com/dfinity/ic#building-the-code # This process requires Mac/Linux/WSL2, Git and Podman on your machine. git clone https://github.com/dfinity/ic cd ic git fetch origin git checkout 204fed96ed7932e50ca5a771c768289e78664c0d if ./gitlab-ci/container/build-ic.sh -i ; then curl -LO https://download.dfinity.systems/ic/204fed96ed7932e50ca5a771c768289e78664c0d/guest-os/update-img/update-img.tar.gz shasum -a 256 artifacts/icos/update-img.tar.gz update-img.tar.gz else echo "IC-OS build failed. Verification unsuccessful." >&2 fi
The two SHA256 sums printed above from a) the downloaded CDN image and b) the locally built image, must be identical, and must match the SHA256 from the payload of the NNS proposal.