Upload static website to Internet Computer

Hello to the community!

I would like to kindly ask you about the steps to upload a first test static website (Gatsby) to the Internet computer to be available in the browser.

I’ve completed:

1. Developing a Hello world example on local development replica - running smoothly
  2. Buying ICP and transferring them to developer account (ICP is showing in balance)
  3. From now on I’m lost, but everything seems to be prepared for deployment

Thank you very much for any help! I really admire this project and can’t wait to test it out!

Hello to everyone - for anyone who is struggling with this issue, creating a canister is not currently publicly available, but should be ready in upcoming weeks. That’s why it isn’t possible to deploy directly yet. More on the pinned post here

Hello.
It’s more to it.
I tried to create a wallet canister with no luck (of course).
But ICPs (amount passed to --amout argument) still lost somewhere - I did not get a refund…

➜  demo git:(master) ✗ dfx ledger --network ic balance
0.00100000 ICP
➜  demo git:(master) dfx identity get-principal
...XXX...
➜  demo git:(master) dfx ledger --network ic create-canister ...XXX... --amount 0.0001
Transfer sent at BlockHeight: 117210
Refunded with message: No subnets in which to create a canister.
➜  demo git:(master) dfx identity --network ic get-wallet
Creating a wallet canister on the ic network.
The replica returned an HTTP Error: Http Error: status 404 Not Found, content type "text/html", content: <html>
<head><title>404 Not Found</title></head>
<body>
<center><h1>404 Not Found</h1></center>
<hr><center>nginx/1.19.10</center>
</body>
</html>
➜  demo git:(master) dfx ledger --network ic balance                                                                                         
0.00040000 ICP

@alexeychirkov Same here, I suppose we just have to wait! Hope it will be available soon - I can’t wait :slight_smile:

Regarding lost ICP, I’ve read in some thread that it’s some kind of “network punishment” occurring in case of unsuccessful deployment - but generally I think we could call it transaction fee, as usual in other networks. I’ve got refunded, but not 100%, too.

You can use fleek.co in the meantime to host it for free on the Internet Computer.

2 Likes

@paulyoung Sure! I forgot to mention, they’re awesome! Thank you

1 Like