Upcoming Sonic SNS decentralization sale

Good news
In order to prevent spam proposals from the same team, I think the next post will require 1-6month
Some trolls have also shown up for the forum in spite of their recent rejection.What do you think?

We are discussing how to handle this on the IC dashboard. The SNS-WASM canister considers Sonic a deployed SNS, which is why the IC dashboard lists it. Listing this prior to a decentralization swap is useful, so that NNS voters have easy access to view information about a potential SNS. However, the IC dashboard needs to indicate whether an SNS has launched or not, which it’s not currently doing. For example, right now the Sonic SNS on the IC dashboard could be labeled as “Swap Pending”, whereas SNS-1 and OpenChat could be labeled as “Launched”.

6 Likes

I think Dfinity need serious auditing process before sonic or any dApss…

1 Like

The true answer to most problems are well known but not practiced.

DFINITY rebuilt the internet networking system from the ground up which fixes many of the problems of the current internet.

It has also improved and I am no expert and overcome many of the problems of a username and password.

At no time have I provided a username or password to get on the NNS and it does not store username and passwords on a centralised network where points of control can be vulnerable to hacking attempts and data breaches.

The problem with most security starts with the account holder and I still see issues with account holders losing access to their account on the NNS.

The traditional network systems use superficial fixes for security on top of the software topology.

DFINITY rebuilt the base to overcome many of the issues at the source.

The IC enables users to have more control over their personal data and selectively share it with trusted parties, reducing the reliance on traditional usernames and passwords.

Here we are with many of the fixes to usernames and passwords and just recently a project on the IC had major issues with usernames.

This also highlights the need for a security audit for new projects as many still think and create in the old methods not understanding the need for application level importance but in a hurry to build projects for funding with superficial appeal.

We need to make sure any projects we want to fund must comply with the new standards of the IC which must start with a strong and secure application base with a great idea built on top.

1 Like

The latest IC dashboard release contains the change I described in my earlier message, to display the status of an SNS.

Under the current system of creating an SNS, first steps are to create an Update Allowed Principals proposal, and once that has executed, to call deploy_new_sns on the SNS-WASM canister, which installs the SNS. Once these steps are complete, the IC dashboard will display the potential SNS in its list of SNSs. At this point, the status of the SNS will be “Swap Pending”.

After those steps are completed, an Open Decentralization Swap proposal is created. If this proposal is adopted and executed, the status of the SNS will change to “Swap Open”. If this proposal is rejected, as it was for Sonic today, the status of the SNS will change to “Swap Failed”.

After a decentralization swap is successfully completed, the status of the SNS will change to “Launched”.

We may fine tune these SNS status labels, but this is what was implemented in today’s IC dashboard release.

4 Likes

This is really confusing for regular people specially with Sonic celebrating :

1 Like

Why not? They are a free contributor. Maybe you meant ICA.

Not many people seemed to read the fine print.

This is all just a joke. Don’t take it seriously

2 Likes

Go to their Discord and create a support ticket. This is irrelevant here

HI @Dylan

I am a private sale investor of SONIC. It seems that tokens already distributed to some wallets, How could we see the token, since it is not visible in NNS wallet. When are you going to add it in NNS wallet?

I don’t know the answer to that, but my guess would be that only ICRC-1 tokens of launched SNSs will be added to the NNS front-end dapp, so if Sonic made another attempt to launch as an SNS and it succeeded, presumably the SOC token would be added to the NNS front-end dapp.

Why would they jump through all those hoops if Dfinity can just change the outcome because of personal differences

Sonic seems to have given up withdrawing money from the NNS.If you believe in it, pay more to support.We support growth from afar.

Did you see Dom’s reply to this article Internet Computer Loading