UncensoredGreats Product Showcase

UncensoredGreats has completed it’s 6-month Dfinity Grant. Here’s a summary of where we are and where we’re going.

Video Showcase and Demo:

All open-source.

Tldr Milestones:

UncensoredGreats.com → Onchain Migration

• Next.js on Vercel → React on ICP
  • PostgressDB → IC Stable Structures
  • O-Author → II Auth
  • VectorDB → +Outbound HTTP
  • OpenAI API → Locally-run AI
  • AWS Book Hosting → IC-native Hosting
  • Heroku + Google Cloud → No cloud dependencies!
  • Rough product outline → Full Vision Whitepaper in ReadMe

Project highlights

UncensoredGreats, at is core, is a search engine for the interior of ebooks. These ebooks can hold videos/podcasts/etc., and they’re always free to access and read. So just like webpages, but better organized around an idea or story arc.

With advanced filtering, AI techniques, and the use of ALL ebook text (not just metadata), UncensoredGreats hopes to revive the goldmine of authentic human text that has become invisible to traditional search engines.

Web3 advantages

Those who have tried to tackle degradation of traditional search fail to solve the ‘ownership problem’. Internet Archive and other free resource aggregators face constant legal scrutiny, and cannot use the fullness of the data they aggregate because they don’t own it. This makes it hard for me and you to find what we’re looking for.

Unlike IPFS/Bittorrent, our contributors will retain ownership of their files as NFTs, which no-one can download/copy/duplicate on our on-chain index. If a pirated file is wrongfully uploaded, the rightful owner can claim ownership of that NFT via a dispute in the DAO to-be.

How is it built

Frontend → React
Backend → Rust
File Storage → Currently Juno; will move to user controlled solution like Web3 Disk
VectorDB → This is the only off-chain component. Currently Weaviate. Migrating to Qdrant or Meilisearch. Will eventually port on-chain.

Go-To-Market strategy / Monetization / Future-Plans

This is an informal passion project. There’s no roadmap, plans for monetization, or a go-to-market strategy. We’re like crossbreed between Bitcoin of Piratebay, using each’s distinguishing feature that the other didn’t have at the time. Both those projects come from a group of nerds pursuing a simple, yet unimaginable idea. They were just having fun, and happened upon a world-shaking paradigm. That’s what we’re going to keep doing. To monitor our progress or get involved, GitHub would be the best place.

10 Likes

Nice video showcase. I’m excited where this can go and also to have my own book part of the database. Happy to follow along. God speed :wink:

PS! Is there an opportunity where the early followers/ supporters could buy into the action? I’d imagine it would be fairly straightforward and low effort to create an NFT collection (from the many authors) and sell them for some community stake. Personally, I love the idea and the value and would like to be part of it.

Even if you don’t need the money, you would give the opportunity for early fans to buy in and energetically support you. Doesn’t have to be substantial. Perhaps like 5% of total product to the early NFT collection. This can be before it even launches.

1 Like

There will be a token that’s 100% ‘mined’ by platform activity like Bitcoin.

NFTs won’t be issued by me or anyone, but users will mint themselves, so no way to ‘buy’ a part of it.

Payment for nft minting/usage I guess will go to my wallet and pay for computation/employees until there’s a token, but since that will switch to revshare for token holders I don’t think we are investible.

Nonetheless, everyone can get an equal part of the action just by contributing and following developments. Thanks for the interest.

4 Likes

I appreciate your unique approach to your project. To me, it seems to have a high potential for success, additionally, I can sense you & your team’s strong passion towards the project. I wish you success and look forward to becoming one of your DApp users.

1 Like