Testing sns_init.yaml

Hi @RMCS

Thank you for raising this and I am sorry for the inconvenience. We are constantly trying to improve the sns-testing repository and having feedback like yours is helpful to identify where the shortcomings are. Let me see if I can help.

If is specify more then 1 airdrop (or developer) neuron it fails and keeps looping Using identity: "default".

It seems like you are running into issues with how the config file is interacting with the repo. For me to better understand and help debug I’d like to try to repro the issue you are encountering locally. If you wouldn’t mind, could you share the sns_init.yaml file you are using as a separate file. This is safe to do as this will be all public info once you create the SNS. Additionally, it would be very helpful if you could copy/paste the exact scripts you are running, in order, and whether they run successfully or not. This will help me pinpoint the exact issue you are encountering and I can either submit a fix to sns-testing or give a pointer to what should change when running the tests.

When adding more then 1 airdrop neuron it fails

While there is support for airdrop neurons while configuring an SNS we recommend closely examining whether this is something you’d like to include. Airdrop neurons are distributed at genesis (at the same time as developer neurons) so it might be the case that developer neurons do not have majority voting power at genesis and before the swap is complete. We’ve previously seen that it takes time for community neurons to get used to voting and this may prevent the developer neurons from executing proposals like registering dapps and adding GenericNervousSystemFunctions. It could also prevent upgrades to the SNS controlled dapps before the SNS is fully decentralized. This is why OC and HotOrNot distributed airdrops separately from installation, and is recommended path. Additionally, support for airdrops at genesis will be disabled when the new 1-proposal SNS initialization feature is complete (you can see the design of 1-proposal in this forum post Enhancement of the SNS launch process: One-proposal).

One of the things i would like to check is the total amount of tokens, so airdrop + developer + swap + treasury . And if my swap properties are set correctly.

Thank you for raising this. In the current configuration (v1) this is done by hand at the moment. While not helpful for you at the moment, the v2 configuration that will be released along with 1-proposal will have a checksum at the end that validation will ensure matches the amount specified in the config. We also created a humanize library that will allow you to specify distribution amounts in e8s or whole tokens. This will hopefully make writing the configuration file somewhat easier.

2 Likes