Subnet Management - tdb26 (NNS)

Hi @andrea and @bitdivine, I had some spare time this evening so I was glancing through older proposals and I noticed Proposal: 131380 - ICP Dashboard (internetcomputer.org)

This proposal updates the configuration of the NNS subnet to increase the maximum amount of ingress messages allowed in a block to 1000, and increases the DKG interval length to 499 (meaning a DKG interval and state checkpoint takes place every 500 rounds). This main goal of this proposal is to minimize configuration differences between subnets.

This proposal was rejected. Are you able to provide some context as to why? I gather that this proposal is related to lessons learned recently regarding subnet downtime.

tdb26 now appears to be the only subnet with max_ingress_messages_per_block: 400 and dkg_interval_length: 199 (unless I’m mistaken).

There’s also some other config that tdb26 has which is shared with only a small number of other subnets, such as initial_notary_delay_millis: 1000 and max_ingress_bytes_per_message: 3670016. Are there plans to make these consistent across subnets too?

2 Likes